Smoking ban

Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default Re: Smoking ban

Originally Posted by crispygirl
keep it up, there's nothing a girl hates more than kissing a bloke with smelly tobacco breath
And a guy kissing a girl ! ! !
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Yes, been in force here for over a year now. Some places still allow it though, although all the shopping centres, airport, etc., you are unable to smoke unless there is a special place.

Buying cigarets is also limited, only tobaconists sell them.
But the bars in Oliva sell cigarets from machines ..
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
But the bars in Oliva sell cigarets from machines ..
I think some do here also know, but at one time when the ban started only tobbaconists were allowed to sell them.
All the kiosk owners complained so much as it would of killed them off, the gov relented a bit on sellers.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:41 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I think some do here also know, but at one time when the ban started only tobbaconists were allowed to sell them.
All the kiosk owners complained so much as it would of killed them off, the gov relented a bit on sellers.
around here the bars still have the ciggie machines, but they are no longer in supermarkets
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:32 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Well i think the worlds gone a bit No Smoking mad !!

Pubs were initially made for the working man to have a beer and a smoke ! Now its like going to a Play school
I dont know about the rest but in my book the general common sense rule always did the job ? smoking areas and No smoking areas , in restaurants and stuff most smokers always wouldnt smoke in the eating bit anyways ..

In my life i have never seen any of the following ;

1/ A smoker to smoked up not being able to fly ..
2/ A fight break out due to being oversmoked ..
3/ swearing and loud shouting caused by over smoking ..
4/ vommiting on the streets after being excessively smoking ..
5/ death caused by over smoking and driving ..
6/ Police being called on a saturday night to a group of smoked out youths ..

etc..etc..

So why on earth do they not leave smokers alone ?
Smokers in the UK in particular pay £ 4 in tax to the government per pack , this is like Billions a year !! It actually funds the NHS ..

Now lets swing things around and say NO DRINKING ALCOHOL in my book that makes sense Drink only at home .. Why do you need alcohol to have a drink ? all drinks can be made to taste the same and be alcohol free !!

Just my thoughts ..
Smoking is a persons choice , and just one more instance of the Government putting its Communist rules on the people once more !! with the do as we say not as we do !!!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:38 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jonsol
And a guy kissing a girl ! ! !

Too true.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:39 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
keep it up, there's nothing a girl hates more than kissing a bloke with smelly tobacco breath
Now thats not true

If you was faced with the choices as below , i am sure you would snog the face of the smoker

1/ Snog a Spider
2/ Snog a Pig
3/ Snog a Frenchman who has just finished mucking out the cows on his farm , and stopped for his Onion and garlic snack on his way back .
4/ The Yob who has just finished being sick after his 10th lager .

etc etc..

Also i assume your husband doesnt smoke ? if so whos this smoker you had a fling with ??
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:54 pm

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4674781]Now thats not true

If you was faced with the choices as below , i am sure you would snog the face of the smoker

1/ Snog a Spider
2/ Snog a Pig
3/ Snog a Frenchman who has just finished mucking out the cows on his farm , and stopped for his Onion and garlic snack on his way back .
4/ The Yob who has just finished being sick after his 10th lager .

etc etc..

Also i assume your husband doesnt smoke ? if so whos this smoker you had a fling with ??

I would go with number 3 really

I was married to a smoker for over 30 years and I hated the fact that he smoked:curse: really was not a happy bunny it made the house smell and the ceiling in the front room yellow and then you get that left over piece of baccy that's been sitting in his mouth for ages stuck to your lip Uggggggg not to mention the smell that clings to your clothes

This newer up to date version of OH does not smoke --- thankfully Can you tell I don't smoke, I don't think you can tell......can you
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:58 pm
Banned

[

I was married to a smoker for over 30 years and I hated the fact that he smoked:curse: really was not a happy bunny it made the house smell and the ceiling in the front room yellow and then you get that left over piece of baccy that's been sitting in his mouth for ages stuck to your lip Uggggggg not to mention the smell that clings to your clothes

This newer up to date version of OH does not smoke --- thankfully Can you tell I don't smoke, I don't think you can tell......can you[/QUOTE]

What did he start eating them as well ?

Glad you told me you didnt smoke , i would never have guessed
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Well i think the worlds gone a bit No Smoking mad !!

Pubs were initially made for the working man to have a beer and a smoke ! Now its like going to a Play school
I dont know about the rest but in my book the general common sense rule always did the job ? smoking areas and No smoking areas , in restaurants and stuff most smokers always wouldnt smoke in the eating bit anyways ..

In my life i have never seen any of the following ;

1/ A smoker to smoked up not being able to fly ..
2/ A fight break out due to being oversmoked ..
3/ swearing and loud shouting caused by over smoking ..
4/ vommiting on the streets after being excessively smoking ..
5/ death caused by over smoking and driving ..
6/ Police being called on a saturday night to a group of smoked out youths ..

etc..etc..

So why on earth do they not leave smokers alone ?
Smokers in the UK in particular pay £ 4 in tax to the government per pack , this is like Billions a year !! It actually funds the NHS ..

Now lets swing things around and say NO DRINKING ALCOHOL in my book that makes sense Drink only at home .. Why do you need alcohol to have a drink ? all drinks can be made to taste the same and be alcohol free !!

Just my thoughts ..
Smoking is a persons choice , and just one more instance of the Government putting its Communist rules on the people once more !! with the do as we say not as we do !!!
I am not talking about the government at all (I loathe those hypacritcal theives as much as anyone)
I am talking about going out in the evening for some relaxation and not coming home stinking like a manky old ash tray. People can smoke all they want and stay in a smoke filled stinking crap hole infecting every lung around them.
Just stay away from me. I never mentioned one time about drinking, all I asked about was the smoking ban. I have seen web sites where people eat there own feaces, well even though it is disgusting they are allowed to do it. Only I don't want them to come and smear it all over my clothes just because I walked past them in a room or on the street.
I would rate the smell on a par of disgustingness. I do not want to smell like them when I come home.I wish every public building in the world was free from smoking, then we would be far more free from all those poisonous AND STINKY fumes.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Big Pete
[

Glad you told me you didnt smoke , i would never have guessed

I did try it when I was about 10/11, you know when you are sitting in the back row of the pictures about a dozen of you and one of you (usually me because I was the tallest) bought 2 penny fags on the way to the cinema and then you sit in a row and the fag gets passed along and you take your turn in having a puff. I tried it once or twice and it did nothing for me except made me cough so I just used to let the boy I fancied that week have my puff as well. I became very popular with the boys........
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

As my family and I intend to run a bar in Spain in the near future?? (will someone buy my house PLEASE?), I have done some research on this matter with current bar owners we have met.
The situation appears to be that Most bar owners are reluctant to introduce a no smoking policy as they believe (as evidence shows) that takings could suffer by as much as 30%. (Figures based on Ireland and Scotland).
The situation regarding the law in Spain is based on internal public floor space.
If the area is less than 100sq.mtrs then the owner can decide which way to go, But MUST have signage stating the policy. If over 100sq mtrs then a seperate smoking area with forced ventilation must be established. Outside areas (terraces etc) are excempt from the rules.
A bar must have a licence for a cigerrette machine, Although these are not always granted.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Working in the trade what we understand is the law now states that a public room over 100 sq, metres must have a separate area in which you are allowed to smoke. Anything smaller smoking is allowed. However if the room has to have a separate area then that area is to be fully ventilated, with forced ventilation. No person must walk into the smoking area to access things like toilets or other public rooms. Also no minors are allowed into the smoking area. We have heard that the Andalusian Government has decided to go their own way on interpreting the rules and allow only partial height walls separating the smoking/non-smoking areas. But we have yet to see proof of this.
Here in Galicia they seem to allow smoking in any establishment until they are inspected by the Xunta (Junta to the rest of you!).
The establishment must have signs at the entrance as to whether it is smoking/non-smoking business.
Hope that clear things up a bit.
Oh well ... one of the local bars I go to the bar is just inside the door and opposite the toilet, and the restaurant is to the rear open plan. So everyone has to walk through the smoke to go wherever they want to. The designated area appears to be the whole bar!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
I am not talking about the government at all (I loathe those hypacritcal theives as much as anyone)
I am talking about going out in the evening for some relaxation and not coming home stinking like a manky old ash tray. People can smoke all they want and stay in a smoke filled stinking crap hole infecting every lung around them.
Just stay away from me. I never mentioned one time about drinking, all I asked about was the smoking ban. I have seen web sites where people eat there own feaces, well even though it is disgusting they are allowed to do it. Only I don't want them to come and smear it all over my clothes just because I walked past them in a room or on the street.
I would rate the smell on a par of disgustingness. I do not want to smell like them when I come home.I wish every public building in the world was free from smoking, then we would be far more free from all those poisonous AND STINKY fumes.
Then all you do is go into the No Smoking area ? simple , everyones happy
I hate the smell of raw fish but i dont shout and scream at Tescos to ban it as i walk by ! I simply elect to give the counter a wide berth

I reckon they should maybe have 2 types of Pubs the mans pub with real ales and a jukebox, pork scratchings, wide screen tv etc..
And the kiddys bar selling pop and salads and chocolate buttons (sugar free of course ) with lots of kids play things like slides and bouncy castles totally smoke free ..

That way the grown ups who wish to be away from kiddys can smoke drink tell a dirty joke or 2 and go back to what a pub was designed for in the good old days

I am not particularly pro smoking etc.. i just get fed up with yet 1 more interference with how things have been for generations , i agree that smoking is smelly and some maybe do smell of smoke if they dont wash there clothes etc .. However i for one think there is a lot more serious issues that need tackling , and maybe i am a rebel ? but i for one can see the ongoing picture and am a tad annoyed that once again we are told what to do and when and where
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
You're not happy about smokers then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.