Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SmartiesUK selling house thread

SmartiesUK selling house thread

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:34 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Re: SmartiesUK selling house thread

Originally Posted by chrisw
:curse: Don't you just hate it when they do that? Sorry that one dindn't work out Smarties, but easter week end fast approaching so will keep my fingers crossed for you! We have got 2 viewings tomorrow evening so all that finger crossing etc, seems to be doing the trick. Called the agent this morning, they were really nice actually, and within about 10 mins, had 2 viewings booked. Keep us posted as to next viewings!
Thanks mate good luck for yours as well there
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:36 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: SmartiesUK selling house thread

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Thanks mate good luck for yours as well there
Cheers Smarties, still got fingers and everything crossed for you too!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:40 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Well had another viewer yesterday. Wife showed her around and I went out with the dogs. Wife says she sounded really positive and even stood by the pond imagining how relaxing it would be in the summer etc etc and she loved all the rooms. Call today from the estate agent with the feedback "it wasnt what she was looking for"

Hmm me thinks people work in mysterious ways. Oh well plod on as they say
Getting the viewings is half the battle so you are already in a winning position.

Well done

Rosemary
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:40 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
About five years ago, we sold a 2 bed, 17th century timber framed cottage. The feedback we received from viewings never ceased to amaze:

"...we were hoping for three bedrooms". Tip: if you want three bedrooms, you might like to only shortlist properties that actually have three bedrooms

"...it's a bit dark, and the ceilings are low". Tip: if you want that bright, modern look, try to pick properties less than, say, 400 years old.

"...we're not sure about all the beams". Tip: if wood's not your thing, why not look for properties made out of brick and cement, rather than picking the ones made out of wood?

Hang on in there, Smarties, it'll be worth it in the end!

yep i had similar to that , i am sure some just look for a day outing

Biggest wind up i had was a young lady , with her mate and her father came to view the place , and i thought to myself well she looks young to be able to afford this ! but maybe the dads gonna help out or maybe move in u know ? so didnt think much of it ,anyways after about a hour of showing them round and serving them coffee in the best posh crockery (the Peak district collection in red ) She calmly says oh i wish i could afford it !! But its out of my price range !! So i said well can move a couple of thousand , She says well i need it about £ 50,000 cheaper !! As thats all i got !!!

Not impressed as you can imagine .
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:43 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Well had another viewer yesterday. Wife showed her around and I went out with the dogs. Wife says she sounded really positive and even stood by the pond imagining how relaxing it would be in the summer etc etc and she loved all the rooms. Call today from the estate agent with the feedback "it wasnt what she was looking for"

Hmm me thinks people work in mysterious ways. Oh well plod on as they say
Yea stick at it Smarties , i read somewhere the average is 10 viewings before a sale is made , so got a few to go yet .. Your getting them in so thats a plus
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete

Biggest wind up i had was a young lady , with her mate and her father came to view the place , and i thought to myself well she looks young to be able to afford this ! but maybe the dads gonna help out or maybe move in u know ? so didnt think much of it ,anyways after about a hour of showing them round and serving them coffee in the best posh crockery (the Peak district collection in red ) She calmly says oh i wish i could afford it !! But its out of my price range !! So i said well can move a couple of thousand , She says well i need it about £ 50,000 cheaper !! As thats all i got !!!

Did you charge for the coffee after their cheek?

Rosemary
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Did you charge for the coffee after their cheek?

Rosemary
Well if she hadnt been so damn cute and sexy ,i would of said a few stronger words for sure .

But nothing suprises me now days .so i let it go as i am such a calm man Rosemary
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:08 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: SmartiesUK selling house thread

Oh MY GOD! What a cheek! What did you say to them after you had managed to pick your chin up off the floor? :curse:
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:11 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Angry Re: SmartiesUK selling house thread

Well if she hadnt been so damn cute and sexy ,i would of said a few stronger words for sure .

But nothing suprises me now days .so i let it go as i am such a calm man Rosemary
Sorry Big Pete, but this is definately a death penalty offence!!!!!! :curse:
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:24 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Words fail me Pete If I wasn't a lady I would have lots to say :curse: