Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SmartiesUK selling house thread

SmartiesUK selling house thread

Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:33 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default SmartiesUK selling house thread

This is my selling my house thread and anyone is welcome to post here but I thought I would just have a thread I can keep posting to to let everyone know how its going. SO we had a couple of viewings yesterday and have had some feedback from the estate agent as follows:

Couple one he liked it and she was not sure about the garden. Couple two both were not sure about the garden. Interesting but we think it may be because of the time of year (looks a bit tired) but also there is not a large grassed area and both these couples had kids. We also have big Leylandi (spelling) so we will be having a lop at those this weekend.

Not upset or anything these things happen but at least we got feedback. Next time I will ask if the estate agent can elaborate a bit more or ask the viewers to. Another viewing Sunday so fingers crossed

Oh I will also take a picture and post it here for some constructive criticism from those with kids perhaps.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:40 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Re: SmartiesUK selling house thread

The garden pics
Attached Thumbnails SmartiesUK selling house thread-garden1.jpg   SmartiesUK selling house thread-garden2.jpg  
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:31 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with your garden Smarties, your house looked good too. You shouldn't have a problem selling it, at least you have had viewings, hope the one on Sunday is more favourable.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Nothing wrong with your garden Smarties, your house looked good too. You shouldn't have a problem selling it, at least you have had viewings, hope the one on Sunday is more favourable.
Have to agree - nothing obviously wrong with the garden, although perhaps for those with kids there is not much space for playing with a ball as you have a lot of other features in what might be quite a small space.

Is there anyone in the road with a similar size garden but more child friendly. If so, would they be willing to let you take a photo so that you could then use it to show as an alternative garden design.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:20 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Some people with very small kids/babies might be scared by the pond I suppose. Have you got a target buyer in mind? Young family or older couple or anyone?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Some people with very small kids/babies might be scared by the pond I suppose. Have you got a target buyer in mind? Young family or older couple or anyone?
Do not think they have a target group, they just want to sell to whoever will say YES so that they can say YES to Spain.

Rosemary
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:08 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Have to agree - nothing obviously wrong with the garden, although perhaps for those with kids there is not much space for playing with a ball as you have a lot of other features in what might be quite a small space.

Is there anyone in the road with a similar size garden but more child friendly. If so, would they be willing to let you take a photo so that you could then use it to show as an alternative garden design.
A valid point here Smarties ,
For a family with a couple of kids , it could be a factor that it is overbusy with no defined area for a kick around ..

Depends on your target market if its young end or retired end u know ? If its young then just make a small clearing
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:47 pm
Smarties

Originally Posted by Big Pete
A valid point here Smarties ,
For a family with a couple of kids , it could be a factor that it is overbusy with no defined area for a kick around ..

Depends on your target market if its young end or retired end u know ? If its young then just make a small clearing
Well the target of course is anyone who will buy. I think some people will like it some wont I guess its be patient. Soon someone will come with the youngest kid of 14 and they might love it. We have cleared loads today and painted the fence and shed and it looks 100% better ;-) cheers for the comments.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Well the target of course is anyone who will buy. I think some people will like it some wont I guess its be patient. Soon someone will come with the youngest kid of 14 and they might love it. We have cleared loads today and painted the fence and shed and it looks 100% better ;-) cheers for the comments.
See I got it right!!!!

Rosemary
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:14 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

SmartyUk

You seem to be on the right track in securing a sale soon, you have de-cluttered, having a fresh coat of paint in all the right places and a good old tidy of the garden, I am sure all this hard work will pay off real soon.

Here's to you hoping it pays off
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:45 pm
Smarties

Well had another viewer yesterday. Wife showed her around and I went out with the dogs. Wife says she sounded really positive and even stood by the pond imagining how relaxing it would be in the summer etc etc and she loved all the rooms. Call today from the estate agent with the feedback "it wasnt what she was looking for"

Hmm me thinks people work in mysterious ways. Oh well plod on as they say
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:52 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Well had another viewer yesterday. Wife showed her around and I went out with the dogs. Wife says she sounded really positive and even stood by the pond imagining how relaxing it would be in the summer etc etc and she loved all the rooms. Call today from the estate agent with the feedback "it wasnt what she was looking for"

When Ex and I were selling our house we had about 16 viewings in 9 months and without exception they all said that it was just what they were looking for and the only one's that meant it was the last couple You have to laugh so chin up smartiesUK and keep those nashers gleaming
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:01 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Timewasters! Don't you just hate those! If it isn't what they are looking for then why not say so instead of chatting about how nice it would be to live there! We had that with one couple, they loved our house, said what a nice 'cottage' feel it had to it. They were with us for 40 mins (usually 5 mins tops!) We thought "This is it" - feedback - garden too small! They bought a semi detached for £10,000 more (ours is detached)
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Call today from the estate agent with the feedback "it wasnt what she was looking for"
About five years ago, we sold a 2 bed, 17th century timber framed cottage. The feedback we received from viewings never ceased to amaze:

"...we were hoping for three bedrooms". Tip: if you want three bedrooms, you might like to only shortlist properties that actually have three bedrooms

"...it's a bit dark, and the ceilings are low". Tip: if you want that bright, modern look, try to pick properties less than, say, 400 years old.

"...we're not sure about all the beams". Tip: if wood's not your thing, why not look for properties made out of brick and cement, rather than picking the ones made out of wood?

Hang on in there, Smarties, it'll be worth it in the end!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:30 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: SmartiesUK selling house thread

:curse: Don't you just hate it when they do that? Sorry that one dindn't work out Smarties, but easter week end fast approaching so will keep my fingers crossed for you! We have got 2 viewings tomorrow evening so all that finger crossing etc, seems to be doing the trick. Called the agent this morning, they were really nice actually, and within about 10 mins, had 2 viewings booked. Keep us posted as to next viewings!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.