Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Smallholdings, Farms and Equestrian Properties

Smallholdings, Farms and Equestrian Properties

Old Sep 27th 2010, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Kate1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Smallholdings, Farms and Equestrian Properties

Does anyone have an idea of what you would realistically expect to pay for the above as I have heard you have to be careful when looking online as they often bump up the prices for the British? Does anyone have any experience of running a trekking centre in Andalusia and how much is charged per hour or for a day ride?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smallholdings, Farms and Equestrian Properties

Originally Posted by Kate1984
Does anyone have an idea of what you would realistically expect to pay for the above as I have heard you have to be careful when looking online as they often bump up the prices for the British? Does anyone have any experience of running a trekking centre in Andalusia and how much is charged per hour or for a day ride?

Thanks in advance
Four posts and four surveys ?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Really I couldn't find anything?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone have any experience of running a trekking centre in Andalusia and how much is charged per hour or for a day ride?

Surely this is something you research yourself if you intend to set up a business ?........
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Surely this is something you research yourself if you intend to set up a business ?........
I was only wondering if anyone had any first hand experience to share, obviously I am researching it myself. Wow, people are really friendly on here.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

I was only wondering if anyone had any first hand experience to share, obviously I am researching it myself. Wow, people are really friendly on here.

Nothing to do with friendliness................to many it would appear naive to expect someone to give this information to a total stranger

i.e. to someone who is potentially wanting to set themselves up as the opposition............
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

moongazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kate1984,

I just wondered if you have tried looking on spanish speaking websites? As I have noticed whilst researching property that often more realistic information/ prices appear to be displayed on some of them than english speaking websites. For example for the same property but with a different agent....

I use Babelfish to translate them, not perfect but helps with my beginners spanish !

Good luck
Moongazer
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Thanks in advance
It's impossible to say how much an equestrian centre would sell for without knowing size/location. For example, I know of one for sale just outside of Seville for 3.5 million. Another more locally for 8 million.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:20 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
It's impossible to say how much an equestrian centre would sell for without knowing size/location. For example, I know of one for sale just outside of Seville for 3.5 million. Another more locally for 8 million.
Does that include British TV installation?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:26 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

How long is a piece of string? Seriously, you could be looking at any amount and you have to remember that Andalucia is already awash with horse based industries and its a very equine area. Demand can be high for well placed centers so most people simply start up in some buildings but there are streams of regulations and because they just don't make much money most of the trekking centers rely on free or very cheap labour.
I spent quite a bit of time looking for friends a while ago who wanted to set up a riding school, they had a fair amount of money and a hell of a lot of experience but the only thing they could find were ruined finca's that needed shed loads of work and were so remote the chance of them making any money was slim to buggery so they have now moved to Argentina instead.

I know during my research we were looking at established places that were in the high millions of Euros, so if thats your budget, fill yer boots, there are plenty out there.

Oh and ignore some of the replies you have got, you have to remember Spain does funny things to some people, they become bitter old gin soaks who think that no one else could possibly have anything valid to say of ask... well except for JDR... he ROCKS!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
Small holdings / small farm with say 2 acres from 100k for a run down finca and upto as much as your wallet will allow , there are two prices here for land , spanish and guri , Rough steep land in Granada province goes from 3 euro per sq meter , guiri price is normally around 12 euro!!
Double and triple check water rights!!!

Assume all agents are liars and use an out of town lawyer.

I know of Spanish riding centres doing a days trekking from 60 euro.

If you want to make a small fortune here bring a large one with you
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Thank you everyone for your input, well nearly everyone.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

I would imagine that the proximity to a reputable and reliable farrier and large animal vet would be high on the list of priorities when deciding on where to buy.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 1:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
How long is a piece of string? Seriously, you could be looking at any amount and you have to remember that Andalucia is already awash with horse based industries and its a very equine area. Demand can be high for well placed centers so most people simply start up in some buildings but there are streams of regulations and because they just don't make much money most of the trekking centers rely on free or very cheap labour.
I spent quite a bit of time looking for friends a while ago who wanted to set up a riding school, they had a fair amount of money and a hell of a lot of experience but the only thing they could find were ruined finca's that needed shed loads of work and were so remote the chance of them making any money was slim to buggery so they have now moved to Argentina instead.

I know during my research we were looking at established places that were in the high millions of Euros, so if thats your budget, fill yer boots, there are plenty out there.

Oh and ignore some of the replies you have got, you have to remember Spain does funny things to some people, they become bitter old gin soaks who think that no one else could possibly have anything valid to say of ask... well except for JDR... he ROCKS!
I`ve gone back to my youth, 67 and just bought a scooter. lol
Old Sep 29th 2010, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

How big do you want it?