Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Small family cost of living - Madrid

Small family cost of living - Madrid

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Xisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud ofXisle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Small family cost of living - Madrid

I worked in Blanes/Loretta/Tossa in the late 70s,and have visited Sitges,Llafranc,Begur ,which I like,but transport links are an issue .
I need to spend more time in Mallorca off season,I believe.
Now if only the climate was comparable in Ireland,I think I could be happy in Dalkey !
I happen to like Islands and it ticks the boxes of access to a city…..
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small family cost of living - Madrid

Originally Posted by Xisle
I worked in Blanes/Loretta/Tossa in the late 70s,and have visited Sitges,Llafranc,Begur ,which I like,but transport links are an issue .
I need to spend more time in Mallorca off season,I believe.
Now if only the climate was comparable in Ireland,I think I could be happy in Dalkey !
I happen to like Islands and it ticks the boxes of access to a city…..
Sure Dalkey is a wonderful spot and there's a reason why even actors like Matt Damon like the place. We sometimes drive there from Galway and have walked along the coast to Dún Laoghaire. Begur is great and then again why would you need transport if you have all on your doorstep. A place like St Feliu de Guixols probably has more on offer than your average smaller town in Mallorca and everything is focused on Palma there. Easy transport to Girona from these parts too. Otherwise the mentioned Maresme coast seems to offer a lot and has a train into Barcelona. Be it Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, far too busy for me and prefer the smaller cities or towns along the coast. Something the size of Cambrils is ok.

Last edited by Moses2013; Sep 22nd 2021 at 4:43 pm.