British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Slow cooker (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/slow-cooker-748489/)

laslopeady Feb 14th 2012 11:19 am

Slow cooker

Hi
Does anyone know if and where you can buy a slow cooker in Our part of Spain or Portugal?
Regards
Laslopeady

Fred James Feb 14th 2012 11:33 am

Re: Slow cooker

Order one from Amazon

ukecadet Feb 14th 2012 11:58 am

Originally Posted by laslopeady (Post 9901335)
Hi
Does anyone know if and where you can buy a slow cooker in Our part of Spain or Portugal?
Regards
Laslopeady

There's an old bloke in Puerto del Carmen who takes forever to boil up a paella.I don't think he's for sale but he's slow as!

EsuriJohn Feb 14th 2012 2:23 pm

Hi
Regards
Laslopeady

Both Lidl and Aldi have them on offer from time to time we got ours in Aldi in UK and it is fine had it about 10 years.

The Pope Feb 14th 2012 2:58 pm

Hi
Regards
Laslopeady

Carrefour???

MikeJ Feb 14th 2012 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by The Pope (Post 9901724)
Carrefour???

Definitely seen them in Carrefour - as I was trying to persuade the OH to get one for currys. She says that she'd sooner go to Jags:)

MikeJ Feb 14th 2012 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 9902517)
Definitely seen them in Carrefour - as I was trying to persuade the OH to get one for currys. She says that she'd sooner go to Jags:)

PS: Or Gavins :D

laslopeady Feb 15th 2012 8:28 am

Thanks for your thoughts. I will try carrefour next time I am out.
Just to clarify, it is a slow cooker I want not an old boiler.. I have one of those.

The Pope Feb 15th 2012 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by laslopeady (Post 9903139)
Thanks for your thoughts. I will try carrefour next time I am out.
Just to clarify, it is a slow cooker I want not an old boiler.. I have one of those.

I have an old boiler too.....:rofl:

Jon-Bxl Feb 16th 2012 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 9901358)
Order one from Amazon

Agree. Free delivery for stock they hold in the warehouse and eligible for super saver delivery over 30 quid. Just bought a printer this way and paid no extra for the courrier.

megmet Feb 18th 2012 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 9904681)
Agree. Free delivery for stock they hold in the warehouse and eligible for super saver delivery over 30 quid. Just bought a printer this way and paid no extra for the courrier.

That's orders over £25.

morro Feb 26th 2012 10:46 am

I have used slow cookers for years. But i recently bought a pressure cooker and it is fantastic!! Cheap to buy and really quick - no wonder every Spanish home uses them! I have now bought one for my home in the uk - Tescos Direct 7litres for 23 pounds incredible!!