Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Slippery when wet - outside floor tiles

Slippery when wet - outside floor tiles

Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Saucepan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Slippery when wet - outside floor tiles

Does anyone know where I can buy a floor tile sealant, that provides the tile with a non-slip surface after application? My tiles nearest the pool are quite dangerous when wet and rather than replace the tiles, I would like to see if there is a more cost-effective solution out there? Any brand or retail outlet recommendations would be appreciated - I live in Chiclana area.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slippery when wet - outside floor tiles

Originally Posted by Saucepan
Does anyone know where I can buy a floor tile sealant, that provides the tile with a non-slip surface after application? My tiles nearest the pool are quite dangerous when wet and rather than replace the tiles, I would like to see if there is a more cost-effective solution out there? Any brand or retail outlet recommendations would be appreciated - I live in Chiclana area.
Im sure there was a thread about this a while back - with different options of what to seal the tiles with - have a search, think it was about 3-4 months ago
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

OK - I did have a look b4 posting, without success, but maybe I'll try some different search words.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: Slippery when wet - outside floor tiles

Checked it, found the one you are talking about, but this really is about water-proofing not making NON-SLIPPERY. I have been on the infamous 'net' and can find products available in the US and Canada, but nothing in the UK or Spain. Surely I cannot be the only person in Spain with outside floor tiles that are dangerous to walk on when wet, so I am sort of hoping that someone out there has resolved the same problem that I have?? I will keep this thread alive for now.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Checked it, found the one you are talking about, but this really is about water-proofing not making NON-SLIPPERY. I have been on the infamous 'net' and can find products available in the US and Canada, but nothing in the UK or Spain. Surely I cannot be the only person in Spain with outside floor tiles that are dangerous to walk on when wet, so I am sort of hoping that someone out there has resolved the same problem that I have?? I will keep this thread alive for now.
have you tried any marine applications?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Haven't tried anything yet, was hoping for quality advice and then do something - but will have a look on Tinternet to see what marine applications are available.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't tried anything yet, was hoping for quality advice and then do something - but will have a look on Tinternet to see what marine applications are available.
There was a thread on here but I can`t find that covered the subject, but it must of digressed into it from another theme, as I cant find it in search.
The only one I could find was this HERE absolutely no use but a good laugh
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:25 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't just the outside tiles that are slippery when wet - I slipped on the tiles in the kitchen when I came indoors during a thunderstorm (bringing in the cat litter!) I twisted my knee and badly bruised my arm. It was 4 weeks ago and my knee still hurts but at least I'm not limping now.

Have you thought of putting some rubber bath mats around the pool? They work in the bath so it makes sense
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:25 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

There is a company offering such treatment, advertises in the local english language newspapers irregularly. Can't remember the details, but it is for application inside and outside. You could try the Coast Rider, Leader or Roundtown news on line, they are certainly on the CB, but whether they are, or know of firms that do it in other places. The local firm does seem to possibly be a franchise.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:34 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I have a very good friend who owns a tile company today, we went for a ride together and she knows a couple of products that can be either sprayed or painted on, she is going to find out their names and run them up to me tomorrow so I will post the info when I have it.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The irony is, anti slip tiles only cost a few €`s more.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:39 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

There's a company called Electronica Pichler, who do alarms but now also provide something for tiles, I believe it's a spray on material. However, I don't think they cover your area, as they are based in the CB, but it may be worthwhile contacting them to see if they can send you something by post.
Can't find a contact number at the moment for them either, not much help am I?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

RugbyMatt and others, thanks for your postings, I will await further info/check out suggested companies. Bath mats around the pool? Thought about it for a nano-second then decided against it - quality idea though. Mr Moderator - yeah, the bloody builders use the cheapest materials unfortunately and once they are down it's too late to change. Thanks all.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

RugbyMatt and others, thanks for your postings, I will await further info/check out suggested companies. Bath mats around the pool? Thought about it for a nano-second then decided against it - quality idea though. Mr Moderator - yeah, the bloody builders use the cheapest materials unfortunately and once they are down it's too late to change. Thanks all.
Hey - don't knock the bath mats round the pool idea I've seen some lovely stick on feet look good 'walking round the pool'
Old Jul 5th 2007, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Lionda, you go for your mats around the pool idea, if it works for you, then that's all that counts. I will probably make it plan 'Z' but if 25 other ideas fail, I'll be right on it. Talking of Mats, Rugbymatt was going to get back on some recommendations from his tile mate. Are you out there Rugbymatt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.