SKY TV

Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

arkitekt is a jewel in the rougharkitekt is a jewel in the rougharkitekt is a jewel in the rougharkitekt is a jewel in the rough
Default SKY TV

How do you go about getting SKY in Spain. Please don't say a great big dish and a SKY Box. I've checked with SKY and their line is you can't, at least not legally, using your existing card which is only for the UK.

I know there are workrounds, such as registering in a relatives address in the UK, but that option is not open to me.

I've seen adverts for companies, such as skycards.eu, who supply SKY viewing cards for Spain, is that a viable option?

I would be hoping to view SKY Sports, keep up with programs like Lost, 24 etc, not interested in the movies. Any info appreciated

Mike
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:43 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SKY TV

You do not need a great big dish for sky....

You need a great big dish for the free to air BBC, ITV, C4 and Five - nothing to do with sky at all!!!! - and some Disney channels and Sky SPorts active streams....In fact most of the Sky Pay TV channels are available on a 80cm dish.....

(even on an 80cm dish you will get Sky Sports 1,2,3, but not SS4 or SSNews...these can be tricky even on a 2.4m dish!)

It is against the terms and conditions to use a sky card outside the UK and ROI. If Sky find out that your card is being used against these T&Cs it iwll be switched off. Hence why Sky say you cannot use it in Spain.

(Never too sure about "using a card in spain is illegal")

Many companies say they can arrange a sky card for you - OK.
but if they say that you do not need a UK address, then 99% of the time they will charge you a yearly fee (100-150 euros) for the "privalige" of using a UK address from their agent.

(just seen the terms for the card operator you mentioned...
"Please note there is a £50.00 hosting / management fee due to be paid 12 months after the activation and then every 6 months there after.")

Many people use a friend or relatives UK address to register a sky card at, and ask them to call sky for any issues.

The latter option may mean more hassle, but this last year, when sky have changed their cards, many people did not get their new cards as their instalelrs / agents are no longer around. so people were paying a subscription for a new card which is still in the UK at the agents shop....and one or two installation comanpies were charging people around 100+ euros for their free replacement sky card!!!!!!

Lost and 24 are available from Spanish TV providers, like D+, Spains satellite TV company, in English. With a small dish.

Or download.......

Last edited by The Guy; Mar 29th 2010 at 5:52 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

arkitekt is a jewel in the rougharkitekt is a jewel in the rougharkitekt is a jewel in the rougharkitekt is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that information. Talking to the SKY call centre today they recommended I contact SKY Spain to take out a new subscription. I've searched but I can't find anything about them, do they exist?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkitekt
Thanks for that information. Talking to the SKY call centre today they recommended I contact SKY Spain to take out a new subscription. I've searched but I can't find anything about them, do they exist?
Don`t you feel that you are on a windup ?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:59 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Sky TV UK do not have a Spanish operation....

Just about all the channels on Sky UK only have broadcast rights for the UK and ROI only.

If they mean the Spanish satellite service then they mean Digital+, on plus.es.
No UK TV channels, but many programmes in English.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Warning be careful of signing up for a "continuous payment" with one of these "suppliers" you will be stuck into it and CANNOT cancel.