Sky plus boxes

Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sky plus boxes

With people changing to Sky HD there seems to be plenty of sky plus boxes on offer second hand. Is there any make that is more suitable for the CBlanca area and is it a case of just unplugging the old sky box and replacing with the sky plus box?.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:07 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky plus boxes

Originally Posted by Michael74
With people changing to Sky HD there seems to be plenty of sky plus boxes on offer second hand. Is there any make that is more suitable for the CBlanca area and is it a case of just unplugging the old sky box and replacing with the sky plus box?.
Ideally Sky+ boxes need two cables from the LNB to the receiver - which allow watch one channel and record another at the same time.

You also need a sky subscirption to activate the hard drive functions of the sky box.

I like the performance of the Pace 3100, Pace TDS470, and thomson 8210 in that order.

Hard drives are the key thing that goes on Sky+ boxes.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
Ideally Sky+ boxes need two cables from the LNB to the receiver - which allow watch one channel and record another at the same time.

You also need a sky subscirption to activate the hard drive functions of the sky box.

I like the performance of the Pace 3100, Pace TDS470, and thomson 8210 in that order.

Hard drives are the key thing that goes on Sky+ boxes.
Thanks for info John, will keep my eyes open for a box now. BTW the channels that you fixed up for me in Piles are all working fine.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 7:19 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Michael74
Thanks for info John, will keep my eyes open for a box now. BTW the channels that you fixed up for me in Piles are all working fine.
I got mine from a friend who works for sky. It's an old one but works fine for the minute.