Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky Auto Standby

Sky Auto Standby

Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold
Default Sky Auto Standby

Latest crazy update from Sky. Digibox now goes into standby when not being used - thats OK but if you are away and you want to record anything its now no longer possible. Up to last night it was possible to turn the auto standby off but today under the services menu that feature has gone Any one got any ideas around this, I dont want to miss my dose of Strictly on Saturday:curse:
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Auto Standby

Originally Posted by jo-ann
Latest crazy update from Sky. Digibox now goes into standby when not being used - thats OK but if you are away and you want to record anything its now no longer possible. Up to last night it was possible to turn the auto standby off but today under the services menu that feature has gone Any one got any ideas around this, I dont want to miss my dose of Strictly on Saturday:curse:
They probably done it on purpose to make you buy a +box.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

ooohhhhhh I just thought we kept having power cuts during the night last few nights
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

You can over ride it, press services, 5, and turn autostandby from on to off.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:59 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anna58
You can over ride it, press services, 5, and turn autostandby from on to off.

that's what I posted originally

then I read the whole post - and checked my sky - and the override facilty has gone
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

It hasn't gone on mine, I've just looked.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:11 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

if you do not have the autostandby option to turn off the box (in the services menu) , then put theprogramme you want to record onto AUTOVIEW (via your planner which has been available for ages !) and maybe the box will turn itself on when the autoview programme is due to start -

note i have not tried this out yet...its on my very long list of things to do....

not all boxes have had this update and they are slowly deploying it...and on one or two boxes the previous software has been redeployed due to a few "bugs" in the system....

Last edited by The Guy; Dec 10th 2008 at 4:17 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
if you do not have the autostandby option to turn off the box (in the services menu) , then put theprogramme you want to record onto AUTOVIEW (via your planner which has been available for ages !) and maybe the box will turn itself on when the autoview programme is due to start -

note i have not tried this out yet...its on my very long list of things to do....

not all boxes have had this update and they are slowly deploying it...and on one or two boxes the previous software has been redeployed due to a few "bugs" in the system....
Nope it doesn't work all you get is a nice recording of no signal jumping around the screen, tried it last night had strictly it takes 2 on autoview but box remained in standby, what a pain in the a.........
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:41 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

there has been an issue with software version 4.7.6 on the Pace 430ns.
just had a quick work with another techie and he said symptoms include no sound on certain channels like sky news active...and no autoview on a box in autostandyby!!!
sky have redeployed software 3.6.4.18 to these boxes as a temporary fix, and your pace430 should not have the old working softwre (check services, system setup, system details)
this is the only model of basic sly receivers i know have had an issue.

wonder if unplugging from the mains, wait for 30 seconds and plug back may help the box sort out what software it should have as maybe the rolled back software did not updated the box properly...

or wonder if jo-ann can post her receiver make and model

the only way to turn off this autopstandby mode is via the option in the services menu. so to receord something via VCR you will need to turn of autostandby in the services menu.
if the autostandby option is not in the services menu, then doi the unplu routine and maybe this may help the box sort out what software it should have as maybe the rolled back software did not updated the box properly...

Last edited by The Guy; Dec 10th 2008 at 5:49 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is this the same as the DS430? I've just bought one as it was recommended as the best for Europe and my Panasonic is 9 years old on Christmas eve and I thought it better to buy one before it gave up.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

there has been an issue with software version 4.7.6 on the Pace 430ns.
just had a quick work with another techie and he said symptoms include no sound on certain channels like sky news active...and no autoview on a box in autostandyby!!!
sky have redeployed software 3.6.4.18 to these boxes as a temporary fix, and your pace430 should not have the old working softwre (check services, system setup, system details)
this is the only model of basic sly receivers i know have had an issue.

wonder if unplugging from the mains, wait for 30 seconds and plug back may help the box sort out what software it should have as maybe the rolled back software did not updated the box properly...

or wonder if jo-ann can post her receiver make and model

the only way to turn off this autopstandby mode is via the option in the services menu. so to receord something via VCR you will need to turn of autostandby in the services menu.
if the autostandby option is not in the services menu, then doi the unplu routine and maybe this may help the box sort out what software it should have as maybe the rolled back software did not updated the box properly...
Presume Sky+ boxes are OK?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by anna58
Is this the same as the DS430? I've just bought one as it was recommended as the best for Europe and my Panasonic is 9 years old on Christmas eve and I thought it better to buy one before it gave up.
Yes Pace 430n and Pace DS430 are the same boxes...
The 430 is not as good as the pace 2600, which performs better on certain channels, and is generally accepted to be the best Sky receiver for Spain.
But it is a lot better than the panny.
The 430 and 2600 look exactly the same.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Presume Sky+ boxes are OK?
Sky+ boxes have had autostandby for ages and it has worked ok.
However, some sky+ boxes had an update a few weeks ago that blocked access to the planner..so sky rolled back the software.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=574097
dont know why they just dont test it before they deply it...nah that would mean using common sense....
Old Dec 11th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Just check my Pace box this morning and hurray it hasn't gone into auto standby, so they must have rolled back the software update last night. I agree I wish they would check things out thoroughly before implementing them.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

url]
dont know why they just dont test it before they deply it...nah that would mean using common sense....
I'm sure they did but the problem seemed to have been confined to a limited range of boxes. As soon as Sky became aware that there was a problem, possibly not as fast as they should have, they rolled back the software to the earlier version. They could have got into into a blame contest and done nothing but instead "Money talks - Software walks".

So lets give them some credit.

Jim
Old Dec 12th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

more sky problems....... I have no signal being received

have tried unplugging and getting into the default transponder but for some reason it wont go into it so I can check the setting...any ideas ?

we have had no sound on interactive on skynews on and off, wonder if this is anything to do with the sofware update and also problem today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.