Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

This site is becoming...

This site is becoming...

Old Aug 18th 2013, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default This site is becoming...

I'm not sure if it's the heat both here and the UK but this site seems to be getting quite nasty at the moment. Anyone stumbling upon this site must surely get a negative view if they were to read the last one or two days posts.

This site is for those wishing to or considering moving to Spain and wanting to find out one thing or another. It's fast becoming a clique with petty personal squabbles going on all the time. Fierce debate is fine by me. Personal attacks and insults are not. I too have been guilty in the past and to those I may have offended I apologise.

Could we have an amnesty not least for the benefit and integrity of the site but for new posters as well.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This site is becoming...

Originally Posted by stuboy
Fierce debate is fine by me. Personal attacks and insults are not.

Could we have an amnesty not least for the benefit and integrity of the site but for new posters as well.
I suggest you let the moderators deal with that issue.

Personal attacks are not allowed and are dealt with very severely. It is almost certainly the fastest way of losing your membership of this forum.

Members who make a personal attack (and of course it is the mods judgement of what is unacceptable) get one warning by PM and the next time they are removed without further warning.

I don't think we can do much more than that.

If anyone does not agree with this procedure I suggest they PM either myself or Mitzyboy to discuss it. The forum is not the place for this sort of discussion.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:04 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

... and if you see any posts that you feel are inappropriate please hit the report button for us. Unfortunately we can't read every single one of the posts posted here and we rely on members, such as yourself, to alert us to such things. At the end of the day it's the community you want it to be, so if it isn't meeting up to your expectations help us to help you. Eg Lets welcome new members and try to be considerate of each other, sometimes one of us has a bad day so lets not make it bad by snapping back at them etc etc ... otherwise it just goes around in circles.

Oh and I'm not for a minute saying you are doing that, it's just a general comment of things I see happening sometimes.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't my intent to step on anyone's toes, it was just a general observation.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 8:15 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't my intent to step on anyone's toes, it was just a general observation.
Oh no worries, I did not take it that way at all, it's all good
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Stuboy.

I looked into the frugal living thread and maybe 1 in 20 responses actually had anything to do with frugal living.

All most disappointing. Many folk looking at the forum would doubtless benefit from a thread with worthwhile suggestions. I can't be the only person who has seen their standard of living drop for whatever reasons.

Perhaps BE could set up an area only available to those with more than say 10,000 posts or whatever and they could snipe at each other in there. Perhaps call it snipers corner
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:50 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
I agree with you Stuboy.

I looked into the frugal living thread and maybe 1 in 20 responses actually had anything to do with frugal living.

All most disappointing. Many folk looking at the forum would doubtless benefit from a thread with worthwhile suggestions. I can't be the only person who has seen their standard of living drop for whatever reasons.

Perhaps BE could set up an area only available to those with more than say 10,000 posts or whatever and they could snipe at each other in there. Perhaps call it snipers corner

As someone with a fair few number of posts under my belt, I agree.
In fact I made a suggestion a little while back, that we have a truce period (of say 3-4 weeks) where people with over say 4,000 posts, didn't post at all.
Of course the suggestion was rapidly talked down by a few of those with a lot of posts, I wonder why?
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe

As someone with a fair few number of posts under my belt, I agree.
In fact I made a suggestion a little while back, that we have a truce period (of say 3-4 weeks) where people with over say 4,000 posts, didn't post at all.
Of course the suggestion was rapidly talked down by a few of those with a lot of posts, I wonder why?
I'm not in favour of stopping anybody from contributing no matter how many posts they have, my point is simply that the tone of some posts is downright rude. I think for the record the mods do a good job on here, it can't be easy. Even Sue popped in yesterday to diplomatically soften the tone.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 12:26 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not in favour of stopping anybody from contributing no matter how many posts they have, my point is simply that the tone of some posts is downright rude. I think for the record the mods do a good job on here, it can't be easy. Even Sue popped in yesterday to diplomatically soften the tone.
I agree that the mods and admin don't get the applause they deserve. Must be really difficult keeping a steady hand on the boards.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if it's the heat both here and the UK but this site seems to be getting quite nasty at the moment. Anyone stumbling upon this site must surely get a negative view if they were to read the last one or two days posts.

This site is for those wishing to or considering moving to Spain and wanting to find out one thing or another. It's fast becoming a clique with petty personal squabbles going on all the time. Fierce debate is fine by me. Personal attacks and insults are not. I too have been guilty in the past and to those I may have offended I apologise.

A good point you´ve raised there Stuboy!
I was trying to raise a similar issue on another thread. I´ve only just realised you have already started it.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:15 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

What I cant understand is that people that dont want to leave the Uk
post here in the first place, expat to me means moving or have moved hence expat. How much a person earns or not has nothing to do with it neither
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:12 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan
What I cant understand is that people that dont want to leave the Uk
post here in the first place, expat to me means moving or have moved hence expat. How much a person earns or not has nothing to do with it neither
A lot of people posting on here have lived in other countries, but have moved back to the UK for one reason or another, I lived in Spain for several years, but moved back to the UK. In any case the Siesta Time part of the Spain forum was set up for discussions that are not specifically about Spain, but for general discussions, and these can get heated, and often have major disagreements, it's similar to what is found in say 'The Lounge' or 'Take it Outside', where discussion get even more heated, but that's what they were started for.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:25 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Also most threads don't get past about 3 posts before the UK is brought up. Usually by people who live in Spain!
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 9:07 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Also most threads don't get past about 3 posts before the UK is brought up. Usually by people who live in Spain!
I'm surprised it took you so long Jacky

but the OP did it in 1
Old Aug 18th 2014, 8:44 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Martineezz - what are you selling?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.