SIP card

Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:07 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default SIP card

Today (only a year late) we went to the Social Security office to change Graham from being my dependant to having health care in his own right. Can anyone tell me what happens next, is this purely a paperwork exercise or is a new SIP card is issued?

Rosemary
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: SIP card

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Today (only a year late) we went to the Social Security office to change Graham from being my dependant to having health care in his own right. Can anyone tell me what happens next, is this purely a paperwork exercise or is a new SIP card is issued?

Rosemary
WE started down this road about 18mths ago when I reached 65 and got my form from Newcastle. Took the usual file of papers to the SS in Ayamonte. Dragon lady accepted my papers but refused to countenanace Kath. Gave us back everything except my brand new Padron (which I had omitted to Photocopy) and issued us with a temporary sheet of paper and said "it" would come in the post from Huelva. Waited about 6-8mths checking with friends on their progress and it did not seem out of line. However lost patience and went back to see dragon lady again accompanied by Kath. This time very nice still not keen on Kath but marched us both next door into the Clinic Admin office straight to front sat me down on the chair handed all paperwork to Nice lady and left. I got chair for Kath and we went through everything again and I was registered. Then she turned to Kath and said was she my muher and as she said yes, asked for the marriage lines. NOT GOT THEM says I but I could bring them tommorow. She registered Kath in her own right there and then. Panic then not seen ML for years back in UK in DD loft. Ring just as soon as outside DD refuses to go in loft something about spiders, ghosts, noises. Following day scan lands on laptop with ML and reduced from silly size to A4 (the wonders of modern technology) straight down to the clinic , straight to front of queue and photocopy given in. Finished. Now wait for little green plastic card from Huelva. arrives about 2 weeks later followed by Kaths about further week.

The lesson seems to be either you both get the form from Newcastle or you are both 65. Worked for us we can now be ill!

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Aug 10th 2011 at 5:46 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SIP card

We have been receiving free health care since moving here. Firstly with the old E106 form and then because I became 60 and Graham was then my dependant, when he became 65 last year his form came so that he could be independant of me. However as he was in hospital we could not deal with it. Today we decided that it was time to sort things out, but I did not ask the very nice and helpful lady the vital question about the card. He has his old card and will continue to use it but we are not sure whether he will receive a new one or not.

Rosemary
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

We have been receiving free health care since moving here. Firstly with the old E106 form and then because I became 60 and Graham was then my dependant, when he became 65 last year his form came so that he could be independant of me. However as he was in hospital we could not deal with it. Today we decided that it was time to sort things out, but I did not ask the very nice and helpful lady the vital question about the card. He has his old card and will continue to use it but we are not sure whether he will receive a new one or not.

Rosemary
I guess it will depend on whether the recharge system to UK changes and if the info on the chip has to be ammended. I bet the info visible on the face such as No's and dates will not change but it may need alteration to the chip and that would require a new card.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:39 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I guess it will depend on whether the recharge system to UK changes and if the info on the chip has to be ammended. I bet the info visible on the face such as No's and dates will not change but it may need alteration to the chip and that would require a new card.
... what's all this about chips on the card? The SIP cards issued in Valencia (the ones I've seen anyway) don't have chips.

Is this specific to Andalucia?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by snikpoh
... what's all this about chips on the card? The SIP cards issued in Valencia (the ones I've seen anyway) don't have chips.

I'll check that, I have got a few new cards so could be confused. It might just explain why different regions of Spain treat the SIPP cards differently in different places. Even the Spanish complain about the non recognition of a card whilst on holiday in a different Comunidad.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:16 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

Probably.

The chip contains details of prescriptions and can be used at the chemist to get your repeat drugs.

When you visit the doctor he puts the card into his PC and downloads the prescriptions for up to a year ahead. All you do is go to the chemist every month with the card to get your drugs.

When it was introduced it reduced doctors appointments by 25%.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:43 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing as sophisticated as that here yet
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:59 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary
Hi
apologies if being presumptious, but assume you are married.

is it possible for a someone living and working (under Spanish contract) to have a dependent to whom they are not married ? ?

rgds
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Domino
Hi
apologies if being presumptious, but assume you are married.

is it possible for a someone living and working (under Spanish contract) to have a dependent to whom they are not married ? ?

rgds
A similar thing applies to me in that my other half is coming up to 65 and we are not married, would I be covered or is it tuff?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jay01
A similar thing applies to me in that my other half is coming up to 65 and we are not married, would I be covered or is it tuff?
I would say you could if you have the paperwork and in your case that would probably be a Civil Partnership it has a different name in Spain but there is paperwork for it.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:14 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I would say you could if you have the paperwork and in your case that would probably be a Civil Partnership it has a different name in Spain but there is paperwork for it.
It called Parejo de Hecho.

It applies to different sex or same sex partners.

The benefits (tax breaks, social security etc) may vary from region to region.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Many thanks if I have to go through a civil partnership I might as well drag him to Gib and get married sounds easier and a bit more guaranteed, lol. At least I know in law I would at least be acknowledged for entitlement if we were married, seems where ever we seem to live unless your married your stuffed.

we have both had previous bad marriages and were not so sure that either of us wanted to get hitched again.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:27 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It called Parejo de Hecho.

It applies to different sex or same sex partners.

The benefits (tax breaks, social security etc) may vary from region to region.
thanks Fred

that has enabled me to google and get
http://www.rupturas.es/dudas/pandalucia.htm
which covers the Andalucia Region.

now to get my translating hat on .....
thanks again
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Domino
thanks Fred

that has enabled me to google and get
http://www.rupturas.es/dudas/pandalucia.htm
which covers the Andalucia Region.

now to get my translating hat on .....
thanks again
Google translate is all so you friend and a worthwile starter for ten. Just remember it is not perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.