Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SIM only mainly for data

SIM only mainly for data

Old Jan 4th 2017, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SIM only mainly for data

Hola Softlad,
https://blog.three.co.uk/2016/03/31/8846/
I bought this SIM only from Three. £15 a month 1yr contract...
Hope this info is of help...............

30 is indeed the magic number. Especially when it comes to gigabytes on your phone. Today we’re really pleased to announce our latest plan which includes a tasty 30GB of data.

We’ve taken the decision to add this new 30GB plan in response to customer demand. With 30GB, you can stream up to 85 hours of standard definition video, 725 hours of music, or spend as many as 1200 hours browsing the internet*. The new plan is perfect for heavy smartphone users who don’t want to worry about exceeding their monthly data allowance when they’re catching up with the latest Netflix drama on the morning commute, or playing games online when they’re out and about without Wi-Fi.

The 30GB plan joins our existing range of plans that come with 500MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 12GB and All-You-Can-Eat (AYCE) data allowances, on both contract handsets and SIM-only plans.

But here’s the really good part, with the new plan you’ll also be able to connect other devices like your tablet or laptop by turning your phone into an internet hotspot, meaning you can make use of the entire 30GB worth of data without having to commit to separate plans for numerous devices, or worse, be restricted by Wi-Fi.

To help you decide on the best data plan for your needs, we’ve created a handy data usage calculator that you can find here.

Pricing for all our data plans is available at Savings on SIM, Smartphones and Mobile Broadband | Three. They all include added benefits on Three such as 4G at no extra cost and Feel at Home in 18 destinations worldwide, including Spain, USA, France, Italy and Australia.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

softlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SIM only mainly for data

To answer my own question, I have just taken out a rolling monthly contract with an outfit called Lowi. For 6 euros a month I get 1GB of data in Spain. National calls cost nothing but there is a 20 cent connection charge. I haven't had the chance to use it yet and won't until I am back in Madrid in early March. I'll post again once I see how it works. I had given up on Virgin in Spain as twice I bought extra data and was unable to connect to the internet (no idea why). The Lowi package I have is the lowest and there is a neat app which allows you to change the tariff. That said, it didn't like my NIE so I was unable to use it. Any data unused one month can be rolled over to the next, also.

Last edited by softlad; Jan 27th 2017 at 7:57 pm.