Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Shops you would like to see

Shops you would like to see

Old Jul 25th 2011, 3:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shops you would like to see

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Yes, In my opinion the best pizzas come from.......Italy, no surprise.
The first Italian pizza I had was sat by Lake Garda on a hot day and I ordered quattro stagioni, first of all I could not believe the size and then how good the taste of the crispy thin base was. I have had many more in Italy since and most of them as good, The best I have had outside of Italy believe it or not was in St. Eulalia, Ibiza. The not so good ones were in Venice but then I suppose they were churned out for the tourists.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Suggest pineapple to an Italian chef and I think that you would be guaranteed an instant heart attack.
I have to disagree with you over pizzas in Italy, I love the really thin tasty bases they have there and hate the thick oversalted thick crappy ones sold in the UK.
After travelling in Italy I was surprised at the lack of fresh pasta used and just how expensive decent quality dried pasta is, or was.
You said about pasta being the second course, out of interest one of the best tasing second courses I ever had was lemon juice into a pan heated and mixed with a little parmesan then poured over your choice of pasta. It freshens the mouth perfecly ready for the next course.

Graham
I didn't mean to suggest that the pizzas in Italy weren't good, just that they are very different to what usually gets served up as such in other countries. Much like what other posters have said about Indian food. I wouldn't ever eat pineapple on a pizza, nor some of the other monstrous sounding offerings I've seen on menus in the UK - even, believe it or not, chicken tikka masala on a pizza! I like the bases you get in Italy but prefer a greater ratio of topping to base than they do.

As a vegetarian, one of my OH's favourite meals is spaghetti aglio olio - with just olive oil, garlic and chili. I would find that a bit boring but he loves it. It's unusual to be served pasta with a sauce poured over it, it would normally be tossed with the sauce in the pan to coat the pasta before serving.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:25 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking back to my childhood, I'm sure there were toy shops that dealt in mecano sets, model train layouts and airfix kits (ships, tanks, planes etc) I'd love to see one of those again.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:57 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
It's unusual to be served pasta with a sauce poured over it, it would normally be tossed with the sauce in the pan to coat the pasta before serving.
Accept my apologies, you are correct it is all cooked in the pan together and considering that I make it I have no excuse for my mistake.
Will speak to Rosemary tomorrow, I fancy it now, I am not allowed large meals now just six or seven small ones so that would be ideal.
Now a large confession, I love pineapple on pizzas, thats it I´ve said it now.

Graham
Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Thinking back to my childhood, I'm sure there were toy shops that dealt in mecano sets, model train layouts and airfix kits (ships, tanks, planes etc) I'd love to see one of those again.
I think that they were called wonderlands, no money to buy but hours of enjoyment looking. Two shillings for a Dinky toy the only problm was that I received sixpence a week pocket money. Then came the fabulous Christmas when my parents bought me a number 6 meccano. Seventh heaven or what. Used it for various projects until i married and left home then it was given to my nephew.
I did not think you were that old Stevie.

Graham
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I know where there still is one back in England!
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:40 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Are you referring to model shops,(no not silly tarts), but shops selling all the things you describe ?
To the best of my knowledge they are still about, there's one fairly local to me.

They sell everything from basic kits of two or three bits of balsa wood or plastic that a young kid could easily put together, right through to highly technical construction kits usually operated by radio control.
Ships,trains,cars,planes, you name it, they're still about, in addition to the various tools, paints, accessories and bits and pieces needed to construct and customise them.

I am talking about the UK by the way, I have seen similar stuff in Spain, though I can't say where the shops are.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 26th 2011 at 9:45 am. Reason: add on
Old Jul 26th 2011, 11:38 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

One in Marbella. It is like aladdins cave!

http://www.malagaairport.eu/tourism/...ing-centre.php

Bottom of the page is a list of shops.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

There are toy fairs held regularly in Madrid.Once a month I think but would have to check again where. We plan on going up sometime soon on the AVE.

Heaven.Just hope theres not too many boys toys though.Always seems to be more boys toys like trains and cars etc. than bears etc.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:12 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
There are toy fairs held regularly in Madrid.Once a month I think but would have to check again where. We plan on going up sometime soon on the AVE.

Heaven.Just hope theres not too many boys toys though.Always seems to be more boys toys like trains and cars etc. than bears etc.
Thats a very sexist post methinks

Anyway, trains and cars are so much more interesting and exciting.
You can imagine them in all sorts of interesting situations, play with them for hours days months and years, take em to bits, put em back together again, take em to bits again then err... save up for some more.

First present I ever bought for my daughter was a bloody fire engine, can you believe ?

Now bears, what can you do with a bear ?
Stick it in a chair,pram or a bed and look at it every day till it's moth eaten and dropping to bits.
No fun at all.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:26 pm

First present I bought my eldest daughter was a bear and she still treasures it. By the time she was 2 years old I had bought her all of the matchbox cars so she asked her granddad to make her a garage and even showed him the design that she wanted. She is 43 now and still has not attempted to learn to drive.

Rosemary
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Thats a very sexist post methinks

Anyway, trains and cars are so much more interesting and exciting.
You can imagine them in all sorts of interesting situations, play with them for hours days months and years, take em to bits, put em back together again, take em to bits again then err... save up for some more.

First present I ever bought for my daughter was a bloody fire engine, can you believe ?

Now bears, what can you do with a bear ?
Stick it in a chair,pram or a bed and look at it every day till it's moth eaten and dropping to bits.
No fun at all.
I was not saying anything sexist at all.

Just the fact that I collect old bears and am not interested in cars or trains.

FGS.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:38 pm

A Phelps Cornish pasty shop. Rosemary made brilliant pasties in the UK but our cooker always burns the base.

Graham
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

A Phelps Cornish pasty shop. Rosemary made brilliant pasties in the UK but our cooker always burns the base.

Graham
Ive been making pasties here recently. I managed to get some skirt and I was pleased with them.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 3:49 pm
On the road again.

First present I bought my eldest daughter was a bear and she still treasures it. By the time she was 2 years old I had bought her all of the matchbox cars so she asked her granddad to make her a garage and even showed him the design that she wanted. She is 43 now and still has not attempted to learn to drive.

Rosemary
Much the same with mine, though it wasn't quite the first present.
She's in her 30s and still treasures it.
Afraid the fire engines long gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.