Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Shops closed Thurs/Fri ?

Shops closed Thurs/Fri ?

Old Mar 25th 2013, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Shops closed Thurs/Fri ?

Not been to town, waiting on a missing parcel supposed to be delivered today, aye right ! we will see.

Anyway I am wondering what the majority of shop opening hours are for over Easter and when is the best time to any processions ?

Gracias
Old Mar 25th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shops closed Thurs/Fri ?

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Not been to town, waiting on a missing parcel supposed to be delivered today, aye right ! we will see.

Anyway I am wondering what the majority of shop opening hours are for over Easter and when is the best time to any processions ?

Gracias
Hi, the processions started yesterday with one in the morning and one in the evening. There is another tonight, and then again Tues, Wed, and Thurs with 3 on Friday and the last on Easter Sunday. If you go to this link http://www.infoayamonte.com/index.php/events-guide and then hover the cursor over the day you are interested in it will tell the time of the procession and from what church etc.

The Bank Holidays are Thur and Fri but I don't know if they close both days. Regards Bryony

P.S. the Bank Holidays in Portugal are Friday and Monday but there always seem to be Supermarkets open there.

Last edited by MikeCol; Mar 25th 2013 at 10:45 am.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank Bryony, I knew they started yesterday, I heard them.I knew the bank holidays that was why asked about those particular days :-) Hopefully I will get to town before they close. No sign of parcel as yet
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench

Gracias
Hi, just found this site http://www.mercadona.es/corp/ing-html/donde.html just select province (Huelva) then scroll down to Ayamonte, click on special hours and it will show a drop down with Easter Closing/Opening.

Surprised to see that the Ayamonte branch is the only one open Thursday. Bryony

Last edited by MikeCol; Mar 27th 2013 at 10:37 am.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:11 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Val - will the shops be open as normal on Saturday do you know as we'll need supplies as we are flying in this time - woohoo see you soon chick xxxxx
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hope so ! almost out of my favourite Lurpak don't know how I managed that as normally have some in freezer. El Jamon sell it but don't think they will be open tomorrow have to be mustard mayo on my sarnie lol but just melocotón on my tostada isn't right may have to go to a bar for desayuno

yeahhhhh see you soon
Old Mar 29th 2013, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hiya Val - will the shops be open as normal on Saturday do you know as we'll need supplies as we are flying in this time - woohoo see you soon chick xxxxx
To be safe you might think of stopping at Jumbo in the Algarve Forum in Faro - or maybe the Intermarche at Altura or VRSA. We usually do, it's only a small diversion. Jumbo have a reasonable selection of UK brands (if that's not too much heresy)
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi, Saturday is NOT a BH in Spain or Portugal so Supermarkets will be open. Mercadona open 10-10 as usual. Bryony
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:25 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike n Bryony - thanks for your replies - sorry its taken so long thanking you both xxxxx