British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   The shop (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/shop-916504/)

Fiberite Aug 25th 2018 3:35 pm

The shop

Hi,
Our daughter, who is on holiday in Esuri has sent us a message that the shop on the hill has been shut since they arrived. Does anyone know what is going on please?
Many thanks
Fiberite

limey610 Aug 25th 2018 3:42 pm

Re: The shop

It is open but shut between 2.30-4.30 or so each afternoon

cermignano Aug 25th 2018 5:29 pm

Siesta time?

EsuriJohn Aug 25th 2018 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Fiberite (Post 12554313)
Hi,
Our daughter, who is on holiday in Esuri has sent us a message that the shop on the hill has been shut since they arrived. Does anyone know what is going on please?
Many thanks
Fiberite

can you explain shut? Every day all day or just before 10.00 and between 14.30-16.30 weekday afternoon.

Fiberite Aug 26th 2018 9:25 am

Hi John
My daughter says she has been at various times of day and it has not been open, but she may just have been unlucky. You need to ask someone "in the know" if it is still opening at the times stated previously.

EsuriJohn Aug 26th 2018 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Fiberite (Post 12554511)
Hi John
My daughter says she has been at various times of day and it has not been open, but she may just have been unlucky. You need to ask someone "in the know" if it is still opening at the times stated previously.

Definite proof tomorrow is Monday and a bank holiday Monday Club is held on the terrace between 18.00&20.00 it is Amalia’s best night. If she is closed then something is really wrong.
It could be the Mayor taking revenge for all the unkind words on here following the ultimate closure of Jags a couple of weeks ago and the non opening of the new restaurant on the hill. All that is left is the snacks at the GC.

Jon-Bxl Aug 27th 2018 6:39 am

Just a tad confused are we saying that the shop has actually fully closed down?

We can discuss the possible reasons here, but Im looking for the 'bottom line' please.

It could be siesta closing, temporary closure (eg illness/holiday) etc. I'd be surprised if it has shut down completely... But you never know.

Also, as much as I bemoan the authorities, I never blamed the town hall for the very sad shut down of 19h, they are obligated to respond to formal and legally correct complaints. I also don't believe that they re-interpreted the rules after it opened reversing a decision and then shutting it down.

However :focus: just checking whether or not the shop has shut down, please

Jon

limey610 Aug 27th 2018 7:34 am

To avoid all confusion and stupid conspiracy theories about the mayor etc;

I AM here and as previously posted the shop was and is fully open - and very busy. They DO shut down for a 2 hour mid afternoon break but apart from that are going well past midnight 7 days per week.

MikeCol Aug 27th 2018 8:08 am

:goodpost:

EsuriJohn Aug 27th 2018 8:10 am

That is good news limey but does rather contradict what was said earlier about various times of day having been given first owning time and siesta time.

Jon-Bxl Aug 27th 2018 11:01 am

Originally Posted by limey610 (Post 12554916)
To avoid all confusion and stupid conspiracy theories about the mayor etc;

I AM here and as previously posted the shop was and is fully open - and very busy. They DO shut down for a 2 hour mid afternoon break but apart from that are going well past midnight 7 days per week.

'stupid conspiracy theories' I haven't seen, except 2posters who are giving opposite views about the closure status of the shop. I also mentioned that I would be surprised if it has closed...... Good to hear that its going strong (as suspected)

Jon

guesswork Aug 27th 2018 12:09 pm

It is open
Work on 11.00am to 14.30 and 17.30 till late