Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Shooting in my village !!

Shooting in my village !!

Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shooting in my village !!

Last night there was a major scene in my village.

About 10 oclock I heard what I thought was a couple of bangers going off.

Some time later there was ambulances/Guardia and everyone on the street outside. Was in bed at the time so thought there had been an accident so tried to ignore it.

This morning I took the dogs out and there is still Guardia around, a car has been cordoned off, sniffer dogs etc.

After a few phone calls it transpires that the local Mayor has been shot in the head. (not sure if he is still alive tho!) Don't know anymore details than that and I can't get Spanish TV.

Can anyone get any further details for me.? The Mayor's daughter lives opposite my door and I heard her crying this morning! Nobody is around to ask, and I obviously want to tread carefully!

The village is Xirles (Chirles) Costa Blanca.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shooting in my village !!

He is alive, or was when this was written anyway.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/espana/...1045316528.htm
Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoJohn
He is alive, or was when this was written anyway.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/espana/...1045316528.htm
Thanks for that.

Real Estate eh!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

That's what it speculates, aye.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoJohn
That's what it speculates, aye.
TV crews are outside again..

I moved from South London to get away from this!!!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah, can you do a quick translation of what happened - had a look at the link but can only pick out the easy words!!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SueG
Sarah, can you do a quick translation of what happened - had a look at the link but can only pick out the easy words!!
Mayor (PP)was returning from a local council meeting (?) when he was shot in the head (more than once) in his car outside his home at about 10.30 last night.

He is in hospital in Alicante and is very serious.

Speculation is that motive may be over urbanisation of real estate in Xirles.

Thats a very rough SUe x
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Just says he was shot in the head outside of his house after getting out of his car. Says he is in a serious condition. Goes on to say what time they believe it happened and where he was going to go that night, etc etc. Police have secured the scene and maintaining a presence. It then speculates it is revenge over real estate. It suggests it was to do with expropriation. Which I think is the seizure of land or buildings.

I don't speak much either but they aren't saying much.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh and they only confirmed one shot to the head but aren't ruling out another shot (to the head or elsewhere)

Maybe someone fluent can help us?
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both got most of it just didn't understand the why!!!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://www.eldiariomontanes.es/20071...710200913.html

Thats the latest press release.

If someone can help. I read as two British are in Guardia custody in Altea. Then something about a marriage!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:59 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:39 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

El País is reporting that it was a boundary dispute.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:40 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
http://www.eldiariomontanes.es/20071...710200913.html

Thats the latest press release.

If someone can help. I read as two British are in Guardia custody in Altea. Then something about a marriage!
a married couple.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
El País is reporting that it was a boundary dispute.
Not sure yet.. There has been a lot of construction new builds going up in the village. We bought one of the first. The guy has been mayor for 12 years... Not to cast aspertions (?) but there is a lot of backhanders etc goes on in local building permissions etc!

His daughter lives across the corridor from us, and there has been a lot of wailing going on!

Anyway gonna go out soon and watch some football and some Rugby and probably return even more bloody depressed! But hey at least I will be 'mullered!'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.