Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SHEDS \ TEMPORARY BUILDINGS

SHEDS \ TEMPORARY BUILDINGS

Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

SUPERPOT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SHEDS \ TEMPORARY BUILDINGS

Can anyone "shed" any light on the law regarding erecting a wooden garden shed in your garden?
Are there any restrictions as to size and \ or whether or not it has to be certain distances from boundaries?
I am thinking of say a 6m x 6m shed for storage \ hobby purposes.
The plot is almost 900 sq m and current build about 230 sq m

any help really appreciated, including places where I could purchase such a shed?

Superpot
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHEDS \ TEMPORARY BUILDINGS

You'll need to apply to your local town hall for local regs, as its probably bound to need a works licence
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:38 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I wonder if Cowboy Builder has planning Cos His eds a Shed

I share with you a couple of pics re my sheds.
One is in the marina where I keep my diving equipment

The other is the staff loo notice the implements to assist if blockages appear and lock to stop night loo paper thieves.
Funny this shed is number two.........getit

I am going to Log out now ha ha ha

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Originally Posted by SUPERPOT
Can anyone "shed" any light on the law regarding erecting a wooden garden shed in your garden?
Are there any restrictions as to size and \ or whether or not it has to be certain distances from boundaries?

any help really appreciated, including places where I could purchase such a shed?

Superpot
Hi SP,
Do you think that wood might get too hot?
If you have to get permission, could you go for something more permanent and maybe cooler?

Where have you bought?
J.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:34 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

In our area [Hondon, Alicante region] we def' have to get local planning from the council. Doesn't cost much mind.

We were told the reason is wood sheds are classed as a fire hazard and have to have a 2 meter distance from any other main structure (including house and boundary walls). This council wanted a 'plan' to show where the shed was going in relation to the house, etc. And you may want to consider your neighbour's opinion.

Of course around here most people have ignored that rule and no doubt one-day the council inspectors will come a knocking and issue fines (nice little earner).
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:54 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SUPERPOT

Superpot
In our area, any temporary structure (sheds, wooden pergolas etc.) do NOT need planning permision (licence de obra). However, you will need to talk to the town hall to be fully legal and I'm sure they will tax you for some reason or other!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:35 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
In our area, any temporary structure (sheds, wooden pergolas etc.) do NOT need planning permision (licence de obra). However, you will need to talk to the town hall to be fully legal and I'm sure they will tax you for some reason or other!
you may find it depends what the shed is sitting on.say if its on a concrete base then it may be classed as permanant.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:51 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by betris
you may find it depends what the shed is sitting on.say if its on a concrete base then it may be classed as permanant.

Much better if sitting on hubby then the concrete base eh ladies
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:26 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Much better if sitting on hubby then the concrete base eh ladies
only if hubby has a life policy and is insured to the hilt