21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Shall I keep it or sell it?

Old May 14th 2008, 8:00 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shall I keep it or sell it?

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Bet if you had one there would be high heel imprints on the ceiling
Since moving to Spain I have only worn me flipflops!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:01 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Since moving to Spain I have only worn me flipflops!
and Doc Martins........
Old May 14th 2008, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
and Doc Martins........
Shut it Lily!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:02 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Heels!?

She wears far more comfortable shoes than heels...........if you know what I
mean.

Ah girls like their friend to put the kit on you know. I was Terence Higgins in another life until someone put sand in my vasaline. You must have heard of the Terence Higgins truss
Old May 14th 2008, 8:04 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Shut it Lily!
I didn't say nothing!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:04 am

I didn't say nothing!
I quoted you!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:05 am
Straw Man.

I quoted you!
bugger, I was going to edit too.........
Old May 14th 2008, 8:09 am

bugger, I was going to edit too.........
Too late Lily!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:15 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody seems to have thought of the obvious here. You are offered this van by a trader in Holland against a debt he owes you ! Who else might he owe money to? Any creditor could have an embargo slapped on the camper (might already have one) against a debt, indeed you could have an embargo slapped on the van and recoup your money instead of writing off the debt "in exchange for the van" only to have it seized to settle someone else's debt. If the van is worth anything like the debt owed to you, get your money back the best way you can or risk losing it all.
Old May 14th 2008, 9:43 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Nobody seems to have thought of the obvious here. You are offered this van by a trader in Holland against a debt he owes you ! Who else might he owe money to? Any creditor could have an embargo slapped on the camper (might already have one) against a debt, indeed you could have an embargo slapped on the van and recoup your money instead of writing off the debt "in exchange for the van" only to have it seized to settle someone else's debt. If the van is worth anything like the debt owed to you, get your money back the best way you can or risk losing it all.
Yup it's all done legal and above board, our lawyers got him to tow the line, according to the lawyer he just believed that because we're in the UK we wouldn't bother to chase what was owed! Basically someone just trying their arm until forced into a corner and submitted.

This way he feels that he has gotten a bit of a deal out of it too as god knows how much he paid for the vehicle, maybe less than what he owed us and he doesn't have to physically see money going back to the UK and having 'lost' - It's all a mind game in the end as we wouldn't have got a full cash refund back without going to court and that would have taken years and cost more than the debt. So it's a best scenario solution to both parties, thanks to the lawyer!
Old May 14th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Simple. Do both.

Keep it, then sell it.

Use it to get down here with your stuff in the back and save on removals. Use it as instant accomodation / travel until you get sorted.
Once you are sorted, sell it in Spain - you'll get more for it and you won't want it as everyday travel anyway (fuel costs).
If you ever find yourself missing the camper van lifestyle ... just hire one when you need it to satisfy your 'urge'
Old May 15th 2008, 2:24 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by twyntub
Simple. Do both.

Keep it, then sell it.

Use it to get down here with your stuff in the back and save on removals. Use it as instant accomodation / travel until you get sorted.
Once you are sorted, sell it in Spain - you'll get more for it and you won't want it as everyday travel anyway (fuel costs).
If you ever find yourself missing the camper van lifestyle ... just hire one when you need it to satisfy your 'urge'
They are worth more in Spain
Like the above use it and then sell it
Old May 16th 2008, 7:27 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Is it LHD (assume it is if it's coming from Holland)? If not, and the side door opens on the "wrong" side, it won't be possible to transfer it to Spanish plates.