Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sex for money,..but..

Sex for money,..but..

Old May 1st 2011, 8:45 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sex for money,..but..

http://iberosphere.com/2011/04/spain...-ads-2530/2530

Interesting proposal by the Spanish govt. to ban the huge flood of ads. in Spanish Daily Papers on the grounds that,...

1, They are degrading to women.
2, They are readily available for minors to read.
3, They entrench the idea that buying sex is no different to buying a used car or a washing machine.

Just wondered if anyone thinks that they have a point ?

Also how would the sex workers,(or prossies), ply their trade in future ?

An interesting statement also that buying sex is neither legal or illegal in Spain.
Old May 1st 2011, 9:01 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sex for money,..but..

Could well put out of business some newspapers I fear.
I see plenty of publicity for sex workers in telephone boxes in London. I suspect the sex workers in Spain would just pin their publicity to bus stops and light poles, so they would still be available for minors to read. Plus use the internet more, so expect more Spanish spam!
I'm not sure there is an easy answer to this one. I don't buy the argument that these adverts are degrading to women - some of them are male/gay adverts. But they seem inappropriate for the serious papers like ABC, El Pais.
Old May 1st 2011, 9:17 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

What about the prossies who sit in chairs beside the road with no knickers on and their legs wide open for minors passing with their families to see.

Rosemary
Old May 1st 2011, 9:18 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
What about the prossies who sit in chairs beside the road with no knickers on and their legs wide open for minors passing with their families to see.

Rosemary
No different to selling any other item, you have to advertise your wares.
Old May 1st 2011, 9:33 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary
No wonder the Spanish roads are so dangerous,when they sit their winking at passing drivers.
Old May 1st 2011, 10:45 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
No different to selling any other item, you have to advertise your wares.

Agreed! If you have a talent in life you should be able to make a good living from it, regardless of what it is!! And as for degrading to women????? er..... how??? I'd have said that its more degrading to those men who actually have to pay for it cos they cant anyone to do "it" for free!!

Jo xxx
Old May 1st 2011, 11:44 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Agreed! If you have a talent in life you should be able to make a good living from it, regardless of what it is!! And as for degrading to women????? er..... how??? I'd have said that its more degrading to those men who actually have to pay for it cos they cant anyone to do "it" for free!!

Jo xxx
Can't dispute that. What amazes me is how downright ugly some of them are, and yet some are absolute stunners.

Went round Amsterdam's red light district once, and the contrasts were amazing.
Old May 1st 2011, 12:01 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Can't dispute that. What amazes me is how downright ugly some of them are, and yet some are absolute stunners.

I used to live in Amsterdam. The good looking ladies seem to work nights or maybe it just seems that way after some brown cookies There used to be a phone number where a recorded message listed the rate for the various service on offer. It was amusing trying to work out what was what, helped my language skills tremendously
Old May 1st 2011, 12:28 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Rosemary
I thought that was to keep the flies off the melons.
Old May 1st 2011, 1:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Jo xxx
Used to know two very, very high class prostitutes who were happy in their work, they made a fortune working the five star hotels in Sheffield but then I suppose the clients costs were put down to business expenses.
I remember being at a works party in Japan, my hostess charged 1000 US dollars just for a kiss,( no I did not), I rather think that she was earning a lot more than me and working a lot less than the fourteen hours a day I was.

Graham
Old May 1st 2011, 1:22 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by bil

As suggested it's likely much like buying a second hand car.
A few euros will get you an old banger or you can lash out and get all the benefits of a top of the range model.
Old May 1st 2011, 1:54 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
As suggested it's likely much like buying a second hand car.
A few euros will get you an old banger or you can lash out and get all the benefits of a top of the range model.
I think I'd put myself in the "classic car" category!!! An old banger, but beautifully made, top of the range once upon a time and definitely not cheap LOL

Jo xxx
Old May 1st 2011, 2:07 pm
On the road again.

I think I'd put myself in the "classic car" category!!! An old banger, but beautifully made, top of the range once upon a time and definitely not cheap LOL

Jo xxx
Nice touch,... nothing like a bit of class combined with knowhow and experience, in which case you could well be more in demand than the latest fresh off the shelf model.
Old May 1st 2011, 2:09 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by missile
I used to live in Amsterdam. The good looking ladies seem to work nights or maybe it just seems that way after some brown cookies There used to be a phone number where a recorded message listed the rate for the various service on offer. It was amusing trying to work out what was what, helped my language skills tremendously
What amazed me was that the only one I saw that snagged a client was a veritable swamp donkey.
Old May 1st 2011, 2:15 pm
bil
Banned

Jo xxx
Sex is very overpriced as a commodity, and is kept artificially high. When you can screw a stunningly attractive woman for 30 euros, why should you pay more and then put up with crap? One could argue that you get more services from a more expensive one, but there's a limit to what you can get, and what I see some people paying, I wonder what the hell they could be getting that would merit such a price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.