Seville/Airbus help and advice!

Seville/Airbus help and advice!

Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

andyando is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seville/Airbus help and advice!

Hi all,
Can anyone help me please?
Soon enough I will be in the fortunate position to consider moving to Spain.
My wife who studied and lived in Spain during her language studies is keen to return and bring up our two young girls there for a lot of good reasons, as am I.
The only concern we have is my line of work.
I am currently employed as an aircraft avionic technician (unlicensed aircraft engineer) and therefore there may be a possibility to find work with Airbus, Seville.
Problem is I know of nobody who works there and finding information about Airbus, even from Airbus, is illusive.
Can anyone shed a little light on what possibilities may exist, personal experiences both on Airbus and living and working in Seville?
I know its a lot to ask, and we are coming over to explore Seville ourselves, but any help or advice would be most welcomed.::
Many thanks.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seville/Airbus help and advice!

first thing is to start calling it Sevilla
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by andyrich666
first thing is to start calling it Sevilla
Do you call Spain, España?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lis48
Do you call Spain, España?
It wasn't meant in any horrible or sarcastic way, and yes most of the time I do, when I post letters and stuff there I always put Espana on it.

A lot of people refer to Seville as Sevilla and as very little English is spoke there it would be a good Idea to roll it off your tounge IMO
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Does any of this below make sense to you? (It sure doesn't to me!)
http://www.eads.net/1024/en/career/j...bs.html?page=1

Good luck,
Carol
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

vamos_mi_sevilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andyrich666
It wasn't meant in any horrible or sarcastic way, and yes most of the time I do, when I post letters and stuff there I always put Espana on it.

A lot of people refer to Seville as Sevilla and as very little English is spoke there it would be a good Idea to roll it off your tounge IMO
Always Sevilla, only the yanks call it Seville that I know of
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

This Seville forum might be useful to you andyando.
This page actually mentions a poster whose wife works at Airbus.
http://www.expatfocus.com/index.php?...wtopic&t=14071
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:57 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vamos_mi_sevilla
Actually the French also call Sevilla "Seville", not pronounced in the English way but more like "Seveeee". Getting back more to topic for andy, Sevilla is an interesting city to live in or live near, pop around the 1 million mark and of course the capital city of Andalucia.

Sites worth browsing imho include
http://www.sol.com/en/sevilla.htm
http://www.sevilla5.com
http://www.20minutos.es/sevilla for local news
and of course here on A.com

Remember Airbus is a consortium so you might try and contact them first in the UK or through http://www.airbus.com/en/.

Saludos
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

I know a recruitment consultant within the industry who spent the winter working here in Spain. Mostly UK based work, but aviation is about as global as any industry gets. Sure he won't mind me posting a URL here. Nice guy who I'm sure will help if he can. Bit of a long shot, but they're all worth chasing.

Actually, second thoughts; I'll PM you as strictly speaking it's a commercial website and against forum rules.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vamos_mi_sevilla
Actually my friend calls it Sevija, the Andalucian way.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:46 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Actually my friend calls it Sevija, the Andalucian way.
Yes and in these parts they also say ella as eja (asia) , doesn't make it right.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:51 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I am either a doom and gloom merchant, or a person who offers practical advice.

Don't do it yet - there is a recession coming that will hit Spain harder than anyone imagines. The root of the problem is the number of people employed in the building industry and the overbuilding that has gone on in the past few years. Property prices are falling slowly at the moment.

Don't leave your "safe" job until you can see the whites of the eyes of retirement. One further thought, you get 10% of your money free at the end of a month Do you want 10% of a high wage, or the pittance they pay in Spain? Earn your money in a rich country, then retire to a poor country to make your money go further

Dave