Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Service Stations enroute to Spain

Service Stations enroute to Spain

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Service Stations enroute to Spain

It has to be a myth, otherwise how do you use the hotel facilities at the services? By the way, the services are also owned and run by the same companies that own and run the motorways, so by charging a penalty if you take too long to exit the motorway, they would in fact be taking custom away from their own service areas!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

We never got charged a surcharge, nor were we every bothered by anyone, as I said go on the www.motorhomefacts forum, they are very helpful and of course knowledgeable

The rubbish that people tell you is unbelievable and usually thoses people have no experience at all
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:08 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Up to the OP to decide whether to take the risk, but autoroute pirates aren't a myth in France. I don't have any personal experience, but I read the French press....
A mates Ducati disappeared in to the back of a van in the time it took to spend a penny. And it was parked next to the shop door.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Service Stations enroute to Spain

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
A mates Ducati disappeared in to the back of a van in the time it took to spend a penny. And it was parked next to the shop door.
A motor caravan is a bit bigger and heavier than a motor bike and you spend a penny inside!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:58 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Certainly in France on the toll roads, the ticket you get when you join the road is time and date stamped, if, when you leave the toll road, the time is greater than they allow, then there is a big surcharge at least as overnight camping is illegal.
I think the tickets are valid for up to 24 hours, so plenty of time for a
nap
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 9:32 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the motorhomes link isn't possible to open, so there's no means of knowing whether it brings up the subject of autoroute pirates in France.

The OP's are free to decide where to sleep - at least they've been warned of the risks of sleeping overnight on French autoroutes.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

I forgot the dot com

www.motorhomefacts.com

Try that one Lol !
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:36 pm
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

I travel through Spain and France sometimes as many as 10 times a year and have never had any problems anywhere ,I've never met anyone who has been Gassed ,Robbed or charged extra on the tolls for extended stays, i once spent two nights on the toll between Tours and Bordeaux at no extra charge,lots of lorry drivers spend over 24 hrs on them to comply with their Tachograph requirements.
I keep off the tolls now as it can work out very expensive depending which route i take, it can cost me as much as 180€ for my transit van.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:31 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
I travel through Spain and France sometimes as many as 10 times a year and have never had any problems anywhere ,I've never met anyone who has been Gassed ,Robbed or charged extra on the tolls for extended stays, i once spent two nights on the toll between Tours and Bordeaux at no extra charge,lots of lorry drivers spend over 24 hrs on them to comply with their Tachograph requirements.
I keep off the tolls now as it can work out very expensive depending which route i take, it can cost me as much as 180€ for my transit van.
You don`t want to let willmore know you sleep out in your van you may get a visitor one night.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:42 am
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You don`t want to let willmore know you sleep out in your van you may get a visitor one night.
I wish ..... ...