British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Senior schools in Ayamonte (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/senior-schools-ayamonte-922918/)

NorahB Mar 5th 2019 5:41 pm

Senior schools in Ayamonte

Hi All,
My first post and looking for some advise please!
I have a teenage daughter learning Spanish at school and would like her to attend a local Spanish secondary/senior school in Ayamonte for a period of time to improve her Spanish.
We have an apartment in Isla Canela so we have accommodation. We were hoping she could do this in her next school year starting in September.
Does anyone know the names of the local school principals and school addresses so I could write to the schools or better still has anyone done anything similar with their children ? I would love to know .

neil77 Mar 5th 2019 7:54 pm

Re: Senior schools in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by NorahB (Post 12648438)
Hi All,
My first post and looking for some advise please!
I have a teenage daughter learning Spanish at school and would like her to attend a local Spanish secondary/senior school in Ayamonte for a period of time to improve her Spanish.
We have an apartment in Isla Canela so we have accommodation. We were hoping she could do this in her next school year starting in September.
Does anyone know the names of the local school principals and school addresses so I could write to the schools or better still has anyone done anything similar with their children ? I would love to know .

Hi NorahB!
I think we can help you as we have been in a similar situation, I have sent you our contact details in a private message.
Kind regards

NorahB Mar 5th 2019 8:15 pm

Thanks Neil77 for your reply but apparently I can’t receive or send any private messages until I post 3 posts 😬

neil77 Mar 6th 2019 5:23 am

Originally Posted by NorahB (Post 12648518)
Thanks Neil77 for your reply but apparently I can’t receive or send any private messages until I post 3 posts 😬

solution is to post three times, with anything, then you should get my private message

Rosemary Mar 6th 2019 7:20 am

Originally Posted by neil77 (Post 12648698)
solution is to post three times, with anything, then you should get my private message

Not good advice because putting posts on purely to access the PM system is against the rules.

Rosemary

neil77 Mar 6th 2019 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 12648722)
Not good advice because putting posts on purely to access the PM system is against the rules.

Rosemary

I was trying to help someone who has asked for help, clearly the 'rules' arent that helpful!

Lorna at Vicenza Mar 6th 2019 7:47 am

Originally Posted by neil77 (Post 12648733)
I was trying to help someone who has asked for help, clearly the 'rules' arent that helpful!

Most people use and give their help on public forums so that everyone can benefit from their experience and not just one person by private message.

neil77 Mar 6th 2019 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 12648735)
Most people use and give their help on public forums so that everyone can benefit from their experience and not just one person by private message.

I do appreciate that, however I am certainly not going to publish my personal contact details on a public website [which Im sure would be against the 'rules' anyway!] and the best assistance I can offer the lady who originally posted is to meet up with my teenage daughter to get a first hand account of the senior school here. Matters are not always so 'black and white' on every occasion are they?

NorahB Mar 6th 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Neil77, thanks for messaging me , appreciated ! Is there anything like the school you used that you’d be happy to share with me publicly until I send in a few more useful posts and can then catch up on your private message.
We plan to be in Ayamonte this June and August if you and your daughter are around.

neil77 Mar 6th 2019 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by NorahB (Post 12648935)
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Neil77, thanks for messaging me , appreciated ! Is there anything like the school you used that you’d be happy to share with me publicly until I send in a few more useful posts and can then catch up on your private message.
We plan to be in Ayamonte this June and August if you and your daughter are around.

Hi again NorahB, our daughter is in I.E.S.Guadiana which is just east of the main town with good parking all around. Here is their website.....Sitio Web de IES "Guadiana". It is supposed to be a bi-lingual school, but I would say it is predominantly Spanish speaking. I guess you would have to make an appointment or email the director there to put your exact enquiry to him. The Spanish government will provide an education for every child that lives in Spain, so you shouldnt have any problems if your daughter intends to live here for a period. There are considerations to be made dependant on her age, length of time she will reside in Spain etc...and of course, the consequences of brexit may be apparent in September too. For the 'inside' situation in the school, your daughter can meet up with mine in June and get the full story, but I do know she is very happy there with lots of friends and has integrated very well which is hardly surprising as the Spanish are very warm and welcoming, and very friendly. Our daughter has picked up the Spanish language very quickly and it did help with her being totally immersed in it in school. There are other senior schools in Ayamonte, there is one just above the I.E.S.Guadiana, opposite Lidl's, but we have no knowledge of that school so cant comment, but it would be another place to try. Hope that helps, so much more to tell you, but I would be writing reams and reams here, so once you have 'posted three times' then you should get my contact details in my PM to you.

Jon-Bxl Mar 7th 2019 5:07 am

Problem solved :) Norah has posted 3 times and made a great contact exactly aligned to her needs. One of the huge benefits of the forum = helpful people stepping in and offering help and time.

Its a serious point IMO. The whole purpose of the PM system is to (try) and allow some privacy. Certainly in this case everyone should agree that personal data should be private - especially if the discussions are about minors!

These days theres little enough privacy on the web with FR, bigco's, government and criminals... etc. etc. Look at the headlines today re FB, Huawei etc.

The PM system allows us to (at least) try and protect that. Its one of the reasons why I dont do FB, Twitter, Instagram etc.

But I know that Ive been 'catalogued' already through the multitude of other prying technologies out there - I have a 'smart'phone so I've been done! I still try for privacy though! A Glutton for.....

Norah good luck - let us know (in general terms) how you get on
Jon

PS I have an anonymous FB account with no info on it, just to look at resto's mainly daily menus ... Each day I get contact requests from complete strangers, but from time to time I am mad when genuine friends are suggested... The prying technologies & algorithms are clever!

EsuriJohn Mar 7th 2019 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 12649310)
Problem solved :) Norah has posted 3 times and made a great contact exactly aligned to her needs. One of the huge benefits of the forum = helpful people stepping in and offering help and time.

Its a serious point IMO. The whole purpose of the PM system is to (try) and allow some privacy. Certainly in this case everyone should agree that personal data should be private - especially if the discussions are about minors!

These days theres little enough privacy on the web with FR, bigco's, government and criminals... etc. etc. Look at the headlines today re FB, Huawei etc.

The PM system allows us to (at least) try and protect that. Its one of the reasons why I dont do FB, Twitter, Instagram etc.

But I know that Ive been 'catalogued' already through the multitude of other prying technologies out there - I have a 'smart'phone so I've been done! I still try for privacy though! A Glutton for.....

Norah good luck - let us know (in general terms) how you get on
Jon

PS I have an anonymous FB account with no info on it, just to look at resto's mainly daily menus ... Each day I get contact requests from complete strangers, but from time to time I am mad when genuine friends are suggested... The prying technologies & algorithms are clever!

I am on FB but as anonymous as I can be with misspelled name (genuine mistake I hit the y key when joining up and did not notice till someone at Monday Club pointed it out) and I think I am 119 years old and no photos! I get the usual request to friend people I have no knowledge of which I ignore completely but I am tempted when M clubbers appear. How do they know me so well. Zuckerberg and Cambridge Analytica has a lot to answere for! 👎

NorahB Mar 7th 2019 10:52 am

Hi Jon-Bxl,
Thank you very much that’s a huge help and most kind
I spotted last night that I could read Neil77 private message and now have his details. He sounds like just the right person to help me out and hope to meet them this summer.
Over the 16 years my family have been going to Isla Canela , I have often read the threads( though never registered until now ) on the Ayamonte Club many have been written by yourself and I enjoyed reading them as they are full of information and tips about what’s going on locally which we would never hear otherwise.
Keep up the good work as I’m sure there are many unregistered reader that like to read of what’s going on in the Ayamonte region.

chrismortley Mar 7th 2019 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by NorahB (Post 12649462)
Hi Jon-Bxl,
Thank you very much that’s a huge help and most kind
I spotted last night that I could read Neil77 private message and now have his details. He sounds like just the right person to help me out and hope to meet them this summer.
Over the 16 years my family have been going to Isla Canela , I have often read the threads( though never registered until now ) on the Ayamonte Club many have been written by yourself and I enjoyed reading them as they are full of information and tips about what’s going on locally which we would never hear otherwise.
Keep up the good work as I’m sure there are many unregistered reader that like to read of what’s going on in the Ayamonte region.

Hi Norah B
Welcome ,we have an apartment in Canela & probable bought about the same time as you.
I try to post a thread about Canela when it I can ,but I don't believe many from the island look @ this forum. ( could be wrong ??)
You wil find many interesting & useful threads on here
Chris
Marina 111

NorahB Mar 7th 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks Chris, I didn’t know about another forum so yes I would be interested in looking at it ,the more information the better !