British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Sending Books to Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/sending-books-spain-461771/)

Chiclanagir Jun 27th 2007 3:52 pm

Sending Books to Spain

I am having a problem buying books from Amazon and Play.com as neither will now send books outside of the UK. Cannot understand it and find it totally frustrating. Any ideas apart from getting them sent to friends to bring over with them.

Mitzyboy Jun 27th 2007 3:54 pm

Re: Sending Books to Spain

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir (Post 4976908)
I am having a problem buying books from Amazon and Play.com as neither will now send books outside of the UK. Cannot understand it and find it totally frustrating. Any ideas apart from getting them sent to friends to bring over with them.

I don't understand it either ....... we had a delivery from Amazon last week :confused:

Have you also tried www.play.com?

spain Jun 27th 2007 4:08 pm

no thats strange as I order stuff from them all the time - are you sure its amazon you are buying from as some of the suppliers who advertise on there do not ship abroad so its probably one of those - trying searching the for the same product but use select an alternative supplier (if there is one)

Mitzyboy Jun 27th 2007 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by spain (Post 4976970)
no thats strange as I order stuff from them all the time - are you sure its amazon you are buying from as some of the suppliers who advertise on there do not ship abroad so its probably one of those - trying searching the for the same product but use select an alternative supplier (if there is one)

ahh yes it may be one of their authorised suppliers, who doesn't want to send abroad. In my experience btw play.com are often cheaper than amazon

mikeoc Jun 27th 2007 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4977009)
ahh yes it may be one of their authorised suppliers, who doesn't want to send abroad. In my experience btw play.com are often cheaper than amazon

It's swings and roundabouts, sometimes I order from play sometimes from amazon, it does take time to search both. I now usually use amazon because I have found them more reliable (play have let me down twice)

pwwm Jun 27th 2007 4:52 pm

I buy from both of them all the time, one thing with Play, just a thought ,have you changed the currency to Euro's? they will only send if you buy in euro's might be that, just click on the flag and it will change for you.

pwwm

mikeoc Jun 27th 2007 5:00 pm

I buy in sterling and pay from a UK account, but that could be the problem

pwwm Jun 27th 2007 5:03 pm

I pay from a UK account but in Euro's for Play. I dont have a problem with Amazon at all and delivery from both is very fast.

pwwm

Rosemary Jun 27th 2007 6:30 pm

Completed two orders with Amazon this week with no problems at all - hope they arrive OK or I will be crying on here.

Rosemary

SoJohn Jun 27th 2007 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 4977498)
Completed two orders with Amazon this week with no problems at all - hope they arrive OK or I will be crying on here.

Rosemary

Admit it...you ordered Harry Potter!

mikeoc Jun 27th 2007 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by SoJohn (Post 4977805)

Nothing wrong with that, I pre ordered it months ago, for my kids ;)

Rosemary Jun 28th 2007 5:54 am

Originally Posted by SoJohn (Post 4977805)

Mind reader in your spare time I presume.

Yeah OH is an addict so we HAD to pre-order it for him. I like the films but have not read the books at all.

Rosemary

SoJohn Jun 28th 2007 6:43 am

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 4979200)
Mind reader in your spare time I presume.

Yeah OH is an addict so we HAD to pre-order it for him. I like the films but have not read the books at all.

Rosemary

Ordered it a few days ago myself :rofl:

Chiclanagir Jun 28th 2007 11:42 am

Thanks all, couldn´t understand it. Possibly on Amazon I was trying to order a used book so different supplier. But Play.com was just normal. Will try changing currencies to Euros but don´t really want to as money comes from my UK bank in pounds.

Arco-Iris Jun 28th 2007 1:07 pm

Try abebooks.co.uk for much cheaper versions. As for the Amazon second-hand books, some suppliers don't want to sent to the EU so you need to check that beforehand.