Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Selling Spanish property with UK agents

Selling Spanish property with UK agents

Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light
Default Selling Spanish property with UK agents

Does anyone have any ideas how to go on about putting our property on the books of some UK Estate Agents or can anyone recommend any agents that would take us on, I know the economic climate in the UK is not very bright at the moment but any exposure is better than nothing but I seem to be having trouble getting replies from the agents over there.Or if anyone can recommend any really good agents here in Alicante region, we need to get some viewings as I have just managed to get a job up near Benidorm and the 1 hour 20 minute drive each way twice a day is killing me,Any advice gratefully appreciated
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: Selling Spanish property with UK agents

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
Does anyone have any ideas how to go on about putting our property on the books of some UK Estate Agents or can anyone recommend any agents that would take us on, I know the economic climate in the UK is not very bright at the moment but any exposure is better than nothing but I seem to be having trouble getting replies from the agents over there.Or if anyone can recommend any really good agents here in Alicante region, we need to get some viewings as I have just managed to get a job up near Benidorm and the 1 hour 20 minute drive each way twice a day is killing me,Any advice gratefully appreciated
You could try Bairstow Eves they have an overseas section & they have some property all ready on the market in the Alicante region.
They are quite a big company so you may have half a chance with them ?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chrismortley
You could try Bairstow Eves they have an overseas section & they have some property all ready on the market in the Alicante region.
They are quite a big company so you may have half a chance with them ?
Thank You I will try them we sold our house in the UK with them but they have not answered my e mail our house is already on Rightmove through a Spanish agent but it wont hurt to try them.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:54 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

John Sheperds sell Spanish property, I guess you can google them but I dont know where your property is ....... they tend to be in the Midlands.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

our house is already on Rightmove through a Spanish agent but it wont hurt to try them.
But you have already got the best cover you can get if it is on Rightmove as nearly every UK agent puts their property on Rightmove.

According to several agents I have spoken to most of their sales come from internet enquiries following a Rightmove search.

Save yourself the money - UK agents can't sell property on their own doorstep so what chance have you of getting one in the UK to find you a buyer for your property in Spain

All the best by the way
Old Aug 25th 2008, 2:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justlookin

Save yourself the money - UK agents can't sell property on their own doorstep so what chance have you of getting one in the UK to find you a buyer for your property in Spain
But it only costs you if they sell it. And if they sell it then its job done and you won't regret having used them.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
But it only costs you if they sell it. And if they sell it then its job done and you won't regret having used them.
I see that, it's just where do you advertise in the UK?

Which area is likely to have the most folk looking in the agents windows or looking at their specific web-site?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Mark Paddon is on a distinguished road

Consider Irish and Dutch agents (most Dutch speak English) both countries are unaffected by the down turn in the exchange rate and I am seeing more Dutch and Irish buyers at present than English. While some Brits are hoping that the exchange rate will improve, the current market represents an opportunity for those working in Euros to buy.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:17 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Keep your comments coming Mark it is interesting to know the current trend
and it gives hope to those who are trying to sell.Maybe if you started a thread it could be updated by you to help forum members when any news or legislation comes in. I hear that property's over 250000 euro are a little harder to move but as you said in an earlier post, The good ones will always remain good investments and fetch a premium price.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Sep 4th 2008 at 8:20 am.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Paddon
Consider Irish and Dutch agents (most Dutch speak English) both countries are unaffected by the down turn in the exchange rate and I am seeing more Dutch and Irish buyers at present than English. While some Brits are hoping that the exchange rate will improve, the current market represents an opportunity for those working in Euros to buy.
Hi Mark ,
Do u know any Irish or Dutch agents I could contact not got a clue where to start.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

carefreebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to use a Uk agent that is your decision of course, but as a potential buyer at this time I don't waste my time with UK sites like right move. In Costa Blanca North they only have 8 properties at less than 80,000 euros--what a joke ! In Costa Blanca South many of the properties in that price range are from only a couple of agents, particularly viviendas en la costa who I don't like for what I thought was a bit of bad practice. In short, I have limited time and UK sites are useless for my requirements--your situation and location will be different. I am checking sites like kyero, idealista, comprarcasa, tucasa. Not sure how many potential buyers will use those sites, or even if they are suitable for your property, but I hope this helps you or someone else.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

george43 will become famous soon enough

With the number of people looking to move back to the UK maybe there is a call for Spanish agents to offer UK property ?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

george43 will become famous soon enough

Incidentally, don't confuse Rightmove UK with Rightmove Espana who I have found to be a very helpful and proactive outfit.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

The news released today by one of the estate agents professional bodies has to make you wonder if they could sell your Spanish property. Apparently many are only managing to sell one property per week.

And so far it isn't mine!!!!!