Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Selling Spanish Property

Selling Spanish Property

Old Jun 18th 2021, 3:29 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling Spanish Property

That’s blindingly obvious or you wouldn’t have non resident property taxes!
Old Jun 18th 2021, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Maybe growinspain is talking about working professionals and you are talking about retired, I could be wrong? Spain was never an attractive location for Brits to make money but for those retired (who qualify) or split time it remains the number one place to go (include Portugal). What you won't get in Spain anymore are those typical sunseeker tradesmen in their 30's to 40's. In that case Australia would be easier to get a visa, especially if you have a good chunk of money to waste. Apart from Florida in the US (used to be popular), I wouldn't know many people who would plan to retire to those mentioned countries. First of all far too expensive, too far away and very few would have the finances to qualify. Cheap is relative and even in Spain you pay for quality.
Australia is cutting back on its migrants, they reduced the visa number down by over 30,000 in 2018 when the system was overhauled.

My daughter has been over there since 2015 and is still waiting for her visa to be approved. It was denied once as she put the wrong date on one of the forms. She is going through the appeals process now (and has been for nearly two years)
She works full time but pays higher tax, cannot own a car or put it in her name, or the insurance (until they give her residency).
She is qualified in farm management and bookkeeping and she is still finding it hard.

Spain now will become the ideal place for those who can afford to maintain two properties (or like us rent in the Uk while owning here) and spending two lots of 90 days once retired.
But to be honest almost anyone with two properties could easily afford the NLV visa financial requirements. ( if we had not moved over last year, and I had retired at 60 as I wanted too, we could have afforded it (just))

What wont happen is the 'summer' workers, those who want to be holiday reps (unless they come for 90 days only), the plumber from Luton who has always wanted to live here (despite never having visited), or those who just for some reason buggering off to the sun will make their lives so much better than in the UK.
Also wont get people chasing the dream of owning a bar and then running back after one season cause all the money has gone.
These are the types that no country actually wants, not just Spain.

Tourists will still come and possibly in higher numbers for the next couple of years, they will still look in agents windows and dream, but will need to plan rather more than a year ago.

Old Jun 18th 2021, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
Australia is cutting back on its migrants, they reduced the visa number down by over 30,000 in 2018 when the system was overhauled.
Did not AUS and the uk just sign a new accord that makes it easier for ukers to come and live?
Old Jun 18th 2021, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
Did not AUS and the uk just sign a new accord that makes it easier for ukers to come and live?
I don't think it's for imigration though? More easier extension of visas but age related
https://inews.co.uk/news/world/uk-au...lained-1056382
Old Jun 18th 2021, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej

My daughter has been over there since 2015 and is still waiting for her visa to be approved. It was denied once as she put the wrong date on one of the forms. She is going through the appeals process now (and has been for nearly two years)
She works full time but pays higher tax, cannot own a car or put it in her name, or the insurance (until they give her residency).
She is qualified in farm management and bookkeeping and she is still finding it hard.

Spain now will become the ideal place for those who can afford to maintain two properties (or like us rent in the Uk while owning here) and spending two lots of 90 days once retired.
But to be honest almost anyone with two properties could easily afford the NLV visa financial requirements. ( if we had not moved over last year, and I had retired at 60 as I wanted too, we could have afforded it (just))

What wont happen is the 'summer' workers, those who want to be holiday reps (unless they come for 90 days only), the plumber from Luton who has always wanted to live here (despite never having visited), or those who just for some reason buggering off to the sun will make their lives so much better than in the UK.
Also wont get people chasing the dream of owning a bar and then running back after one season cause all the money has gone.
These are the types that no country actually wants, not just Spain.

Tourists will still come and possibly in higher numbers for the next couple of years, they will still look in agents windows and dream, but will need to plan rather more than a year ago.
Not sure tourists will Come in higher numbers if all the seasonal workers and holiday reps have been driven off.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Brexit is a good thing for foreign language learning in Spain and more work for the percentage of the population that needs it most (added) here in Spain.. It will also open up opportunities for other EU nationals to come and find seasonal work. Maybe expect to hear more Irish accents serving your pints..

Last edited by growinspain; Jun 18th 2021 at 7:28 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

. Maybe expect to hear more Irish accents serving your pints..
I don't expect it to replace the Spanish where I am
Old Jun 18th 2021, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VEDShappy
Maybe if you head down south a little to Benidorm..

A question - have they finished the tram from denia to benidorm or is it still a bus?? Some bridge was a problem a few years back.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

Benidorm will be affected, no doubt. As will other resort areas and t hose with a preponderance of UK immigrants.

No, the link hasn't yet been restored. Lots of work ongoing in the stretch that I occasionally see from Denia to Teulada, but I don't know when it's projected to finish.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Benidorm will be affected, no doubt. As will other resort areas and t hose with a preponderance of UK immigrants.

No, the link hasn't yet been restored. Lots of work ongoing in the stretch that I occasionally see from Denia to Teulada, but I don't know when it's projected to finish.
like Ibiza , Tenerife and Mallorca. Without seasonal workers they have big problems.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed and truth is that we are only a small nation. Even when you look to Benidorm, it's not that popular with Irish. Many young ones here would also not be interested working for the wages that are offered in Spain.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Indeed and truth is that we are only a small nation. Even when you look to Benidorm, it's not that popular with Irish. Many young ones here would also not be interested working for the wages that are offered in Spain.
We are talking about seasonal workers, not torasses. The big resorts who need english speaking staff will change from searching for seasonal staff at universities in the UK to Ireland The same on the islands, german and dutch students speak english as well. Unless Spain comes up with agreement for these seasonal workers from the UK; you will be seeing more European or Spanish in positions that were once held by the brits.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

We are talking about seasonal workers, not torasses. The big resorts who need english speaking staff will change from searching for seasonal staff at universities in the UK to Ireland The same on the islands, german and dutch students speak english as well. Unless Spain comes up with agreement for these seasonal workers from the UK; you will be seeing more European or Spanish in positions that were once held by the brits.
I'm aware of that but how many workers are we talking about? The UK has over 66 million people vs. not even 5 million in Ireland. There has always been a shortage of workers for seasonal jobs in Spain and I doubt a few Irish students will be the target. First of all Irish students would rarely work for that money and prefer work and travel in other countries or party in Spain without working. You can hardly fill all positions here and many businesses rely on staff from abroad.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 9:58 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

If you visit the cheaper hotels, restaurants and bars in the UK, you will find most of the staff are european.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Not now. Many Europeans went back home. Bars, restaurants, hotels and B&Bs are really struggling to get hospitality staff and chefs to open up post covid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.