Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Selling a Spanish car in UK

Selling a Spanish car in UK

Old Aug 26th 2017, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling a Spanish car in UK

Does anybody have any recommendations of where or which company we can sell our Spanish plate car to when we go to the UK?
Old Aug 26th 2017, 4:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a Spanish car in UK

Originally Posted by Hollyhock
Does anybody have any recommendations of where or which company we can sell our Spanish plate car to when we go to the UK?
In practice, it is effectively impossible to sell a car that is not registered locally. You would have to find someone who was prepared to go through the Spanish reregistration process, and then register the vehicle in the UK, i.e. a two step process. ..... For a car that is presumably LHD and therefore worth significantly less than an otherwise identical RHD car.

Oh, and no scrap dealer will touch a car not registered locally either - because they can't prove that it isn't stolen.

In short - you need to either sell the car in Spain, or register it in the UK yourself, which is relatively easy because you are already the owner. .... Then it can be sold like any other vehicle registered in the UK.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Hollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond reputeHollyhock has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking at the companies that sell LHD cars in the UK. You don't have to register it in the UK if they buy it. I guess I wanted to find if there was anybody who could recommend one of them that they had used. Thanks for your reply Pulaski.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 11:32 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a LHD car from a UK dealer, you might want to try:
Left Hand Drive Cars | UK Dealer | LHD Car Supermarket
Left Hand Drive cars for sale we also buy LHD Cars
http://www.lhdplace.co.uk/
Old Aug 27th 2017, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Will check it out, thanks Missile
Old Aug 27th 2017, 5:07 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hollyhock
I was looking at the companies that sell LHD cars in the UK. You don't have to register it in the UK if they buy it. I guess I wanted to find if there was anybody who could recommend one of them that they had used. Thanks for your reply Pulaski.
Have you declared the car exported from Spain, if not I suspect even those people selling LHD card will be unlikely to accept it. A relative brought his car over when he moved back, and tried to register it, sell it to dealers and even to scrap it all to no avail, so the only answer in his case was to drive it back to Spain, sell it there and then fly back to the UK, not a cheap option.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

dayofsunshine is an unknown quantity at this point

we had no problem selling a car to a LHD Dealer.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Dealers are only interested in selling cars and while they may offer advice ultimately it's incumbent on buyers to acquaint themselves with the nuances of registering it in their country of destination whether that be the country of origin or elsewhere.

Only the foolhardy buy one otherwise.

Paradoxically if buying a non UK registered car as illogical as it might seem on the surface you'd probably be better off with one which is registered anywhere BUT where you're taking it, then you are only dealing with a simple import and not a car which may not have been properly exported or deregistered by a previous owner.

Get it wrong and you can end up with a car which you can neither drive nor sell
Old Aug 30th 2017, 8:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's some more (just what I found, no personal experience of them):

www.londonlhdcentre.com

www.switchingsides.co.uk

I’m also are very active buying cars from people that are returning to the UK

www.sellthelhdcar.co.uk

We know what to do with foreign paperwork for your vehicle, we handle all of the legal documentation on your behalf.

We know all the legal procedures involved with selling your French, Spanish or European car.

www.pentagonvehicles.com

This vehicle comes with the following Spanish Paperwork required to transfer ownership:

1/ Tajeta Tecnica De Vehiculos,
2/ Permissio De Circulacion,
3/ Previous Owners Passport,
4/ Previous Owners NI Number, or DNI is Spanish Resident
5/ Compraventa (Sale Contract) Signed By the Vendedor (Previous Owner),
6/ Solicitud De Tranmision (Traffico Vehicle Transfer Request From)
7/ El Mandante (To allow a Spanish Lawyers to act on behalf of)
8/ Traffico Report showing no Fines/Accidents or Embargo’s,
9/ Suma Receipt (Road Tax) for 2017