Reload this Page >

Seeking people that want to create a minibus transfers company

Seeking people that want to create a minibus transfers company

Old Jan 13th 2012, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Ricardodaforce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking people that want to create a minibus transfers company

Hi everyone

I’m really interested in starting a business to do airport transfers, golf transfers etc with a minibus. One of the requirements needed to obtain the Tarjeta de Transporte (VD) and SP plates is the requirement that the transportista has a fleet of a minimum of 5 busus. That is beyond me!
However, I am thinking that there may be other out there in my situation; and if so then why not form an SL together to obtain the Tarjeta?

My question is, can anyone advise the best way to seek out these like minded folk?

Many thanks in advance.

Richard
Old Jan 13th 2012, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Seeking people that want to create a minibus transfers company

would it not have been a good idea to say where you are looking to set it up. No good someone from Barcelona saying yes and you being in Cadiz.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jay01
would it not have been a good idea to say where you are looking to set it up. No good someone from Barcelona saying yes and you being in Cadiz.
Good point and thank you. A company could operate nationally and have people based in various comunidades.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:10 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ricardodaforce
Hi everyone

I’m really interested in starting a business to do airport transfers, golf transfers etc with a minibus. One of the requirements needed to obtain the Tarjeta de Transporte (VD) and SP plates is the requirement that the transportista has a fleet of a minimum of 5 busus. That is beyond me!
However, I am thinking that there may be other out there in my situation; and if so then why not form an SL together to obtain the Tarjeta?

My question is, can anyone advise the best way to seek out these like minded folk?

Many thanks in advance.

Richard
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Thanks Rosemary, I really appreciate that
Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Many thanks in advance.

Richard
Says it aint gonna ever happen to me .I`m guessing you dont speak fluent Spanish or have the set up capital ,think of something else.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rotor
Says it aint gonna ever happen to me .
Which is why I'd like to find others in the same boat. 5 company directors means each person would only have to buy 1 bus.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Which is why I'd like to find others in the same boat. 5 company directors means each person would only have to buy 1 bus.

Have you ever been in business before?
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:13 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the rules and regs to be met with this type of business, there is also the added complication of bunging 5 people together as partners who have nothing more in common than a minibus each.

It would be a recipe for disaster, or at the very least all out war.

Time for a rethink.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JLFS
Apart from the rules and regs to be met with this type of business, there is also the added complication of bunging 5 people together as partners who have nothing more in common than a minibus each.

It would be a recipe for disaster, or at the very least all out war.

Time for a rethink.
My thoughts exactly.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

And does a minibus constitute a Taxi, therefore requiring a licensed driver and are not taxi driver licenses
a.) excruciatingly expensive and

b.) dead man's shoes

or am I mistaken and should grab this opportunity ?
Old Jan 13th 2012, 4:57 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

And
A minibus here in Spain will require a driver who is in possession of a current PSV licence.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:56 pm
thinking about it

peterni is an unknown quantity at this point

how about networking with the golf resorts. if thay havenot already got a good service with the locals they could be interested and part finance it. would need a good business plan so more research first.....
best of luck to an entenprenuer.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 1:14 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

my brother in law was working as a lorry driver, he really wanted to start up his own delivery business and over many beers was getting feedback from mates of his who would use any business he started.

So he started a business based on over the bar promises, he kept it going for almost 2 years, one of the guys gave him some good business when it was there but not much profit, one of the guys never gave him any work, he took on a driver to help him with the workload, who took him for 2 tanks of petrol (all vehicles were diesel) and a bootful of frozen food from Iceland.

All in all cost him £thousands, and it wasnt even in Spain.

Moral = investigate, look for real business, assess the true amount of work, carry out a risk assessment, in fact go for a full SWOT assessment, look at finance, do not expect to make a profit for at least 12m, probably 24m. Take good legal advice (there are a few dodgy legal advisors out there), try to find a business advisor who will look at your project with a totally unbiased viewpont and assist you in finding work from other companies.

good luck
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

jan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Plesase get intouch with me I am from Marbella

Last edited by Sue; Feb 29th 2012 at 1:53 pm. Reason: Email address removed for privacy. Share personal info via the PM system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.