Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Securitas / Verisure

Securitas / Verisure

Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Keith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Securitas / Verisure

Has anyone had any experience of this company, are they really as good as they profess to be ? They are offering all sorts of deals and services for home security. I would appreciate some first hand experiences. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of
Default Re: Securitas / Verisure

I've had a Securitas alarm for about 9 years, and I upgraded to the Verisure system about 4 years. I am very happy with the service they provide, and the system works well. Occasionally we get a false alarm, perhaps one a year, and they service the system every year. If you call them on your registered phone they normally answer in English, and the service engineer normally speaks English as well. The other thing I would add is that my experience of the service engineers is that they are always punctual, to within about 15 minutes.

I manage my system from my smartphone, so for example I needed someone to enter my house whilst I was away. The person called me when they arrived at the house and I switched the system off remotely, and then turned it back on when they left. Occasionally I check everything is okay by requesting photos : these are normally available in a few minutes.

They always call you if the alarm goes off, and you can decide what to do. They will tell you if they think there is a problem as they can hear sound in the property, and they can also check the photos. They will then reset the alarm remotely.

When I upgraded to Veritas they gave me a really good deal. I've recently added a smoke alarm into my system.

Last edited by CapnBilly; Nov 29th 2015 at 8:43 am.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 9:16 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with everything CapnBilly said.

We changed from Prosegur to Verisure. Excellent service.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Keith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond reputeKeith1963 has a reputation beyond repute

They certainly do offer a great service. Full protection, pictures of intruders, they also check activations to see if they are real before contacting you or a key holder, plus online checking which means you can remotely check your house, take pictures whilst away.
40 euros a month. For peace of mind, I'm happy with that. Cheers again to both of you.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

This may be a daft question but do you need to leave the electricity supply connected in the house when empty, and a router plugged in to enable you to
check what's happening while you're away?
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by big wheels
This may be a daft question but do you need to leave the electricity supply connected in the house when empty, and a router plugged in to enable you to
check what's happening while you're away?
You have to plug the control panel into a power socket, although it does have an internal rechargeable battery for power cuts etc. In fact one of the features is that it emails when when the power supply is off, and then again when it is restored.

It has a SIM card which is used for the alarms, photos etc. This is provided and managed by the company.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks