Reload this Page >

Secondary school in and around Seville

Secondary school in and around Seville

Old Oct 12th 2015, 5:16 am
Just Joined

HappyHammer69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Secondary school in and around Seville

Hi,

I am looking to move to Seville or somewhere close to Seville and I have two kids, 13 and 14. I'd like any views or thoughts on schools that teach the English syllabus to A Level.

I have found one school called St. George and would be interested in anyones experience with this or any other similar schools in the area.

Also interested in any feedback on the current economic situation in Seville, jobs, rent, house prices (on the way up down at bottom at top?), cost of labour (builders etc.), cost of building materials.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 6:37 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secondary school in and around Seville

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 12th 2015, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

A very long time ago I did a short stint at St George's in Málaga, then a single school, now part of a chain. It's too long ago to really be of any help to you but I would warn you that international/british schools abroad, since they're often far smaller than typical uk schools, sometimes can't offer the same range of subjects.
It's not really a disadvantage, the children can still get a full set of core subject GCSEs - the only problem is if you've started a GCSE in another subject where you are and can't continue it in the new school. Given the age of your children, it's worth bearing in mind.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rachel, we're moving from Australia and they have a wide range of subjects here even though we live in a rural area so worth considering thanks.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Any other offers on St. George school or others in Seville?

HH.