Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Scrapping an English car

Scrapping an English car

Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:29 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future
Default Scrapping an English car

My car has one last journey in it will which be to limp to the nearest scrapyard.

Is this as simple as it sounds or more complicated.

The thing that concerns me most is that the UK authorities take my word that the car is gone and I don't have any more notices for road tax.

Anyone done this?

Mark
Old Oct 6th 2006, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scrapping an English car

Originally Posted by GCM
My car has one last journey in it will which be to limp to the nearest scrapyard.

Is this as simple as it sounds or more complicated.

The thing that concerns me most is that the UK authorities take my word that the car is gone and I don't have any more notices for road tax.

Anyone done this?

Mark
If I'm assuming correctly that you still have the V5 then all you have to do is tear of the section regarding 'permanant export', fill it in and post it off to the DVLA who will then 'take' the vehicle off their system and you won't then be required to submit a SORN.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

bluewater1150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - I recently scrapped my car - I filled in the V5C section 9 - sold/transferred to trader or scapping - sent it off with the dealers name and address - I also got declaration from him "Su destruccion el vehiculo que a continuacion se detalla" basically a letter confirming the vehicle had been scrapped - I received a letter back from DVLA within a week saying thanks - your vehicle has been removed from their records. They would have accepted my statement without the accompanying letter. It really is straight forward.

Regards
Bluewater
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:19 am
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bluewater1150
Hi there - I recently scrapped my car - I filled in the V5C section 9 - sold/transferred to trader or scapping - sent it off with the dealers name and address - I also got declaration from him "Su destruccion el vehiculo que a continuacion se detalla" basically a letter confirming the vehicle had been scrapped - I received a letter back from DVLA within a week saying thanks - your vehicle has been removed from their records. They would have accepted my statement without the accompanying letter. It really is straight forward.

Regards
Bluewater
Thanks Bluewater - I guess a lot of people won't be as fortunate to get a letter but hopefully the DVLA will just accept that the vehicle has been scrapped - I hope so if that happens in my case.

Mark
Old Oct 9th 2006, 10:34 am
Just Joined

bluewater1150 is an unknown quantity at this point

DVLA will accept your word - come to think on it I sent the whole V5C to them as the scrappy was not interested in it - and I told the DVLA the same.

Regards
Bluewater