Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Scrabble, pictionary etc: anyone Malaga area interested in meeting up?

Scrabble, pictionary etc: anyone Malaga area interested in meeting up?

Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

thetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nice
Default Re: Scrabble, pictionary etc: anyone Malaga area interested in meeting up?

Is the center of Malaga good for anyone?

If so, I can ask around to couple of the places that I go and see if they are interested.

Iain

Originally Posted by SaritaBarcelona
Definitely up for it! Now we need to find a suitable place, anywhere know a good cafe or bar (open Sundays) in the city of Malaga that may be amenable to a bunch of Brits rolling in for a couple of hours (I'll speak for myself and say not the rowdy variety of Brit!).
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scrabble, pictionary etc: anyone Malaga area interested in meeting up?

Originally Posted by thetraveller
Is the center of Malaga good for anyone?

If so, I can ask around to couple of the places that I go and see if they are interested.

Iain

Can't speak for others but I'll go anywhere providing there's parking relatively nearby!

(nb this ought to be English-speaking rather than just Brits????)
Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

thetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nice

Had a conversation with the owner/manager/head honcho at Cheers in the centre of Malaga.

He is more than interested in having us use his place on Sunday afternoons. In fact, he wanted to know how many people so he could reserve tables for us.

I told him that I would get back to him as we hadn't set a date yet and I had no idea on the number of people.

There is underground parking about 5 minutes walk away (at most).

Iain
Old Aug 28th 2010, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thetraveller
Had a conversation with the owner/manager/head honcho at Cheers in the centre of Malaga.

He is more than interested in having us use his place on Sunday afternoons. In fact, he wanted to know how many people so he could reserve tables for us.

I told him that I would get back to him as we hadn't set a date yet and I had no idea on the number of people.

There is underground parking about 5 minutes walk away (at most).

Iain
Well done. My turning up depends on childcare (unless a reasonably well behaved 8 yo wouldn't upset the apple cart, which they usually do!) but count me in as and when I can.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Going back to the quiz at picniks on the Sep 3rd, what time is it starting and how many to a teamish .
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:01 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
Going back to the quiz at picniks on the Sep 3rd, what time is it starting and how many to a teamish .

It starts at 8pm, Rumour has it that there are quite a few attending! I dont know anymore than that!! I should shouldnt I lol!!! Theres a notice in the window, but I'll have a look the next time I'm in there!!!

Jo xxx
Old Sep 1st 2010, 3:53 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

It starts at 7pm, its in aid of "animals in Distress" who are a local charity that takes care of - animals in distress!!! There is a 6€ entry fee, which includes some rather nice nibbles and snacks, as much as you can eat (so dont eat beforehand) and of course prizes!!!? It sounds quite good fun, I met the lady who's organising it, I think they've done a few before!!! All in all it sounds like it could be good fun - oh and of course you get me waiting on you all hand and foot!!!!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Just been and got our tickets for the quiz night tomorrow, there are still a few available for those that are within the Alhaurin area that fancy an evening out.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:08 pm
squeaky clean

Just been and got our tickets for the quiz night tomorrow, there are still a few available for those that are within the Alhaurin area that fancy an evening out.

........... and your waitress for the evening will be .......me!

Jo xxx
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:52 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
........... and your waitress for the evening will be .......me!

Jo xxx
have you got your sensible shoes & support hose at the ready??
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:36 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by lynnxa
have you got your sensible shoes & support hose at the ready??

I cant tell you how much my legs and feet ache (yes, sensible shoes, no support hose, too hot lol!!!), but my heads worse - day 2 today and I'm completely wrecked!! I'm sure I'll get used to it. I havent worked for nearly three years!!

I'm doing the day shift tomorrow and "the boss" is kindly letting me have a couple of hours off to prepare myself for the evenings event! So I'll be the one crawling on all fours to serve people!!!

Actually I love working there!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Is there any interest in this for Malaga or has this thread/idea died?
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Have been back to the UK but still up for a games type meet. Could do with a local dedicated section so we do not have to keep sifting through old threads.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

still interested tho haven't been on be much recently cos of work!