Scientology.

Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:40 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scientology.

Right, since there have been numerous threads on religion and faith I just thought I would add my thruppence into the discussion... I have a particular hatred for this bunch of absolute nutters. I have never had the misfortune of meeting one but I have read enough about them to make me wonder... what the HELL has got into some of these people!?

I'd love to say that its just a sad cult that has managed to dupe equally sad celebrities into parting with their overly paid salaries to be slapped around a bit and told they are not worthy but some really quite normal people have been or are members! Van Morrison was one ffs, as was someone I know, Jamie Packer! These are normal, sensible people!

So come on you lot, you have to have an opinion, you do on religion and faith in general, what say you all on these bunch of nut jobs?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:25 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scientology.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Right, since there have been numerous threads on religion and faith I just thought I would add my thruppence into the discussion... I have a particular hatred for this bunch of absolute nutters. I have never had the misfortune of meeting one but I have read enough about them to make me wonder... what the HELL has got into some of these people!?

I'd love to say that its just a sad cult that has managed to dupe equally sad celebrities into parting with their overly paid salaries to be slapped around a bit and told they are not worthy but some really quite normal people have been or are members! Van Morrison was one ffs, as was someone I know, Jamie Packer! These are normal, sensible people!

So come on you lot, you have to have an opinion, you do on religion and faith in general, what say you all on these bunch of nut jobs?
In one word,...Bullocks.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:28 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
In one word,...Bullocks.
Yeah yeah, we know that, but why the hell are so many people flocking towards it and in many cases really smart, sharp, and successful people.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:35 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah yeah, we know that, but why the hell are so many people flocking towards it and in many cases really smart, sharp, and successful people.
The only ones who could attempt to fully explain it are they themselves.
We can only make educated or uneducated guesses and I must admit it's way beyond my understanding.
Maybe it's way beyond anyone with a logical mind, but I'm sure you'll get an answer of a sort from the women-folk.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:39 am
Straw Man.

The only ones who could attempt to fully explain it are they themselves.
We can only make educated or uneducated guesses and I must admit it's way beyond my understanding.
Maybe it's way beyond anyone with a logical mind, but I'm sure you'll get an answer of a sort from the women-folk.
Gee, thanks for taking the time to reply then.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

RMATT........you say you have never met one then end with you actually knowing one........v. confusing....

Is it a coincidence that Scientology is once again on the TV this week.?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:42 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by whitelinen
RMATT........you say you have never met one then end with you actually knowing one........v. confusing....

Is it a coincidence that Scientology is once again on the TV this week.?
He is a former one and I only found out when I googled a list of members... Anything to say about the topic or are you just attempting to catch me out?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

T

I often wonder if they are the SS of the Morons................. I know the whole area is crossed by ley lines but its strange both are located in E. Grinstead.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

My husbands cousin joined them in the late 60's he is still a member as are all his family, now in USA. he turned against his family until he was broke, bled his mother dry, we had the dubious privilege of having a tour of the place in East Grinstead, he truly though when hubby got a nail through his foot that it could be heald, was rather like looking at stepford wives.

Anyway upshot is, we found it all quite weird, secret parts you cannot acces unless you are up through the levels, cult yes, religion , no way. one of my sons says he has read about Ron L Hubbard having a bet when he was young where apparently he said he could start a religion, now no idea if that is true, will ask J if he has the source.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 1:14 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by pwwm
My husbands cousin joined them in the late 60's he is still a member as are all his family, now in USA. he turned against his family until he was broke, bled his mother dry, we had the dubious privilege of having a tour of the place in East Grinstead, he truly though when hubby got a nail through his foot that it could be heald, was rather like looking at stepford wives.

Anyway upshot is, we found it all quite weird, secret parts you cannot acces unless you are up through the levels, cult yes, religion , no way. one of my sons says he has read about Ron L Hubbard having a bet when he was young where apparently he said he could start a religion, now no idea if that is true, will ask J if he has the source.
Yeah some of the things I have read are really quite unbelievable! I could quite believe that about Hubbard, if you read up on his life you can actually see how mad the bloke really was... I read somewhere that when he died half of his friends said he was the kindest man they had ever met while the majority of the rest said he was an accomplished con man and some said he could be capable of some of the fiercest tantrums ever. The guy was definitely on the take, he died with over $600 millions in the bank... and his books were definitely not that good!

While googling there came up that there was also some suspicion that he had been murdered... my money is on his replacement.. David Miscavige
Old Sep 27th 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Scientology?? ****ology, more like.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:26 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

BBC1 9.00 (British time) tomorrow night.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I know one. A woman in her late 60s who was quite wealthy, now reduced to taking a live-in job because they've relieved her of all her money.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

A bunch of very clever people who have created a brilliant system for relieving the stupid and gullible of the money and their rights.

I would love to take the p*ss out of them, but frankly, after reading their 'schedule of belief' I find myself lacking the imagination to create anything that was dafter.

L Ron H was a brilliant man. I too have heard about his bet that he could create a religion, and I think that he set out to make it as ridiculous as possible to prove his point (which I strongly suspect was that there are people out there so stupid that they will believe any old line of shite. - cf the angels and crystals thread on here.)
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:43 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I know one. A woman in her late 60s who was quite wealthy, now reduced to taking a live-in job because they've relieved her of all her money.
To paraphrase the comment on cocaine?

'Scientology is nature's way of proving you have more money that brains.'

Waaayyy more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.