British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Schools in Ayamonte (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/schools-ayamonte-666793/)

Geeeeeezer May 4th 2010 11:31 am

Schools in Ayamonte

I am thinking of moving to Costa Esuri. Can anyone recommend a school in Ayamonte suitable for 7 and 9 year olds please?

Jur May 4th 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Schools in Ayamonte

Most foreigners have put their kids in Moreno y Chacon or a international school, there´s a bilingual one in Lepe. (10 minute drive from Ayamonte or Esuri).

sunshine sue May 5th 2010 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer (Post 8541378)
I am thinking of moving to Costa Esuri. Can anyone recommend a school in Ayamonte suitable for 7 and 9 year olds please?

Hi,
This has been covered quite a lot if you search threads about schools you should get the info you require.

Sue

Reptonian May 5th 2010 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Jur (Post 8541710)
Most foreigners have put their kids in Moreno y Chacon or a international school, there´s a bilingual one in Lepe. (10 minute drive from Ayamonte or Esuri).

Jur,

10 Minutes? Do you get many speeding fines? Surely 12 ;)

Jonathan

Carol&John May 5th 2010 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jur (Post 8541710)

Is it La Arboleda in Lepe?

Jur May 5th 2010 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Reptonian (Post 8543740)
Jur,

10 Minutes? Do you get many speeding fines? Surely 12 ;)

Jonathan

Just parking fines for me!

Jur May 5th 2010 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Carol&John (Post 8545246)
Is it La Arboleda in Lepe?

Yup, that´s the one. Although if I would be in Geeezers place, I´d start my kids on Spanish lessons now and put them later in a public school.

Carol&John May 5th 2010 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jur (Post 8545252)
Yup, that´s the one. Although if I would be in Geeezers place, I´d start my kids on Spanish lessons now and put them later in a public school.

I think there was an article in the papers recently about the two english language teaching assistants (Scottish and Canadian). Do the other schools also have similarly qualified staff?

Jur May 5th 2010 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Carol&John (Post 8545262)
I think there was an article in the papers recently about the two english language teaching assistants (Scottish and Canadian). Do the other schools also have similarly qualified staff?

There was an article in one of the last editions of The Resident, maybe it´s still on the page, www.theoraclenews.com

At my children´s school are English classes twice a week, and in the regular program they do lessons as well, using "Patch the Puppy" material from MacMillan Publishers. Can´t really comment the level for older children as mine are only 6 & 4, but they both can count to 10 in English (And in Dutch, German and Spanish!!)

olivia May 5th 2010 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jur (Post 8545277)
There was an article in one of the last editions of The Resident, maybe it´s still on the page, www.theoraclenews.com

At my children´s school are English classes twice a week, and in the regular program they do lessons as well, using "Patch the Puppy" material from MacMillan Publishers. Can´t really comment the level for older children as mine are only 6 & 4, but they both can count to 10 in English (And in Dutch, German and Spanish!!)

That is amazing! what is their mother language and what language do they think in?

Jur May 5th 2010 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by olivia (Post 8545394)
That is amazing! what is their mother language and what language do they think in?

I´m not sure.

German Mum, Dutch Dad, and both born in Spain. Who knows what their mother language is....

olivia May 5th 2010 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jur (Post 8545396)
I´m not sure.

German Mum, Dutch Dad, and both born in Spain. Who knows what their mother language is....

Well to be multi lingual must be a good start in life. but to know which language my children think in would be important to me as a mummy or a daddy!

The Pope May 6th 2010 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Jur (Post 8545277)

Jur, At Jacks school (Padre Jesus) he has English lessons as well, and guess who was the teacher last week??? Jack (Aged 7) :rofl::thumbup::thumbsup:

Jur May 6th 2010 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by olivia (Post 8545519)
Well to be multi lingual must be a good start in life. but to know which language my children think in would be important to me as a mummy or a daddy!

A good question actually: In which language does a bilingual child think?

Jur May 6th 2010 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by The Pope (Post 8546457)
Jur, At Jacks school (Padre Jesus) he has English lessons as well, and guess who was the teacher last week??? Jack (Aged 7) :rofl::thumbup::thumbsup:

Fantstic, what did he teach his class mates ?