Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Schooling advice in Alicante

Schooling advice in Alicante

Old Mar 7th 2016, 11:10 am
Just Joined

carlalilley78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schooling advice in Alicante

Hi, just wondering if anyone could give me recommendations for state/public schools in the Alicante area for my 2 daughters aged 6 and 8. Ideally we would like to choose the school first then look at villas/houses around that area. If anyone has a child in that area that is in a state school could you tell me where it is please. We would of prefered to send them to private school but for 2 children that fees are extortionate!!
Whenever i google it it always brings up the private schools and any links i've come across for state schools don't work and with us still living in England it's difficult to know where to look.
Thanks very much x
Old Mar 9th 2016, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Schooling advice in Alicante

Hi , our kids went through Spanish school , they were 4 and 8 back then

One thing to remember , that took us by surprise is that in a lot of schools in the Alicante area Valencian is taught , so an extra language to cope with .

Sorry cant recommend any schools , but can only say our kids didnt really have any problems , and they were the only English pupils in the school .

Good luck , hope you find a suitable school

Cheers Tony
Old Mar 10th 2016, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Mina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond reputeMina_Alicante has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schooling advice in Alicante

Hi Carla,

I can't recommend a specific school, but I can help you with the search for public schools in the Alicante area that does not seem to work for you from the UK.

This is the official Education website for the Valencian region:

Guía de Centros

If you go there and select 'Provincia: Alicante' and 'Régimen: Públicos' (and leave the other fields as they are) you will get the official list of all the public schools in the Alicante area.

There is another website, not official and more dodgy, but that opens the google map location after you click on the school name, in case that could be helpful. The search results that come up in that website for Primary Schools in the Alicante area are here:

Colegios privados : colegios concertados : colegios públicos

And yep, Valencian in an official language of this area so as Tony said it is taught in most schools. That does not necessarily have to be a problem, though. I have had foreign students study it and love it. But it is good to know and be told beforehand.

Good luck!

Last edited by Mina_Alicante; Mar 10th 2016 at 7:53 am.