Reload this Page >

School and housing advice needed

School and housing advice needed

Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

JandDmom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School and housing advice needed

Hello all.
My family may be moving to Barcelona from the UK next summer. I'm looking for anyone with advice on bi-lingual schools in the area and housing. I've got 2 sons, 7 and 2.

Thanks in advance,
Jack and Dylan's mom (yep, I'm American!)
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School and housing advice needed

Originally Posted by JandDmom
Hello all.
My family may be moving to Barcelona from the UK next summer. I'm looking for anyone with advice on bi-lingual schools in the area and housing. I've got 2 sons, 7 and 2.

Thanks in advance,
Jack and Dylan's mom (yep, I'm American!)
Free beer thread...... Schools in Spain link.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:32 am
Just Joined

rwbcn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School and housing advice needed

Hi there,

I have submitted a reply to another query regarding moving to Barcelona. Maybe you would like to read that. For your sons, the youngest could attend an English speaking nursery. There are a few international nurseries, it depends where you live. In order to get a billingual school you would need to go through the private system. It is a lot more affordable than in the UK! Also remember it will actually be trillingual. Catalan is the dominant language in education here and state schools teach children in that language. Do you know where you will be based or where your work will be as this can help narrow it down? There is the American Shchool of Barcelona just out of town and also the Benjamin Franklin School which teach a US curriculum or if you want to keep with the British primary system Oak House, Kensington School, St Pauls and more - most schools have a pre-school nursery too so maybe both boys could go - check them out on the web!

Hope this helps - let me know if you need more info!