Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are sat navs illegal in Spain. Just read they are.

Are sat navs illegal in Spain. Just read they are.

Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are sat navs illegal in Spain. Just read they are.

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Yep Galicia the back of beyond (B.O.B.)! and the campo of Galicia, is the B.O.B of the B.O. B.
No noise from mopeds, only birds singing, no hordes of neighbours listen to Cliff Richard whilst laying by the pool...Only a 12th century church...The pits...anyone want to buy a house?
LOL.....
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
So where do they get the coordinates of their location from?

Which GPS datum is their source or map using?

Is it the same datum that the GPS uses?

It just isn't that simple!
You can take co-ords from Google or where ever you want and enter them into the machine if it accepts co-ords.

TBH, not sure if you need a datum as I have never actually had the need to use coords on mine but I used to rent out an apartment and there is no real or mapped name for the street so when anyone asked for the street name to use their GPS I would just give the Lat/Long coords. I had a couple of lots of Danish that visited and the coords from my TomTom took them to the same spot... If they just used the coords then they didn't have a 'self selected' datum unless the machine locks into something, can't say if a datum in Denmark works for Spain myself but then I have never heard of anyone needing a datum in a modern GPS.

So it appears it is that simple for some

Last edited by Econ; Jul 9th 2009 at 5:56 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Suddenly it is our fault that the coords are wrong http://beermespix.com/gallery/gifs/smil324.gif… We think it is the dozy twats that use these things, They take their brains out and go into autopilot mode. Why think? Especially when you have a machine telling you what to do?
You either like them or you don't, I don't make or sell them so I have no reason to say they are great if they aren't, personally I find them a godsend... and as I say nothing is perfect but I use them a lot, if they where a pain I wouldn't. but then of course maybe it has to do with the one you are using.