Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sat Nav for Spain >> Medion Gopal

Sat Nav for Spain >> Medion Gopal

Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Jondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really nice
Default Sat Nav for Spain >> Medion Gopal

I have the Medion Gopal PNA205. Cannot find a map download for Spain.

Anyone with advice will receive instant karma
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:48 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sat Nav for Spain >> Medion Gopal

https://navigation.medion.com/site/i.../accessories/1
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Jondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really nice

HOW MUCH???

Wasnt expecting that! think I'll buy an A to Z for now

Will have to see my mate at the pub who can get whatever you want downloaded for the cost of a pint

KARMA SENT.... Thankyou
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jondee
HOW MUCH???

Wasnt expecting that! think I'll buy an A to Z for now

Will have to see my mate at the pub who can get whatever you want downloaded for the cost of a pint

KARMA SENT.... Thankyou
And thats part of the reason why you said ......... HOW MUCH
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jondee
I have the Medion Gopal PNA205. Cannot find a map download for Spain.

Anyone with advice will receive instant karma
I don't wish to hi-jack your thread, but as a Tom Tom user I was concerned to find that mounting these sat nav units on the windscreen is illegal in Spain. Thought I'd mention it as a forewarning to all users unaware of this fact.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by erisaman
I don't wish to hi-jack your thread, but as a Tom Tom user I was concerned to find that mounting these sat nav units on the windscreen is illegal in Spain. Thought I'd mention it as a forewarning to all users unaware of this fact.
Is that definate?
I know speed camera detection units are illegal, and some satnavs have been mistaken for them and thats caused problems, but I didn't know there was a problem with satnavs
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Is that definate?
I know speed camera detection units are illegal, and some satnavs have been mistaken for them and thats caused problems, but I didn't know there was a problem with satnavs
I think I read it on the advice panel on this forum - that any visual screen display - dvd players of course but also sat nav - must not be visible to the driver. Yes - it does seem to contradict the whole essence of the tool - but that's the jist of what was stated. I'll try to find the posting and set a link.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Is that definate?
Yes - it was on the link provided by our very own 'Free Beer - only joking' thread at the top of the index page. Scroll down to Driving in Spain then click on the first HERE and scroll down the page to Navigation Rules - it advises to pull off to read the screen, so I assume that as long as it's positioned so that it is not in the line of vision but still able to pick up the GPS signal, then the verbal instructions are acceptable.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:25 pm
Senior Moment

Yes - it was on the link provided by our very own 'Free Beer - only joking' thread at the top of the index page. Scroll down to Driving in Spain then click on the first HERE and scroll down the page to Navigation Rules - it advises to pull off to read the screen, so I assume that as long as it's positioned so that it is not in the line of vision but still able to pick up the GPS signal, then the verbal instructions are acceptable.
A DVD player has to be positioned so the driver can't see it?
I'm sure there was a discussion on here recently when it was concluded that they were OK ... must have been another forum
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

raywhent is an unknown quantity at this point

I never look at the screen anyway, I just listen to the voice directions (Prefer Gladys to Tim!!). My main consideration is FULL postcode to FULL postcode in the UK, not sure if they have post codes similar to ours in Spain, guess I will find out when I arrive in 2008!!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:56 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Last time we were in Barcelona all the cabbies had Sat Navs on their windscreens.

We have a Tom Tom Rider for our bike and have never had a problem. I will try to find out more.

PS As a matter of fact, I seem to remember a while ago someone here was asking about a car rental with a Sat Nav and found one. Can't remember with which company, but surely if the car hire companies rent them out???

PPS Found the thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t+nav+car+hire

Last edited by MnM; Nov 15th 2007 at 2:30 pm. Reason: PS, PPS, PPPS, you get the picture ;)
Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MnM
Last time we were in Barcelona all the cabbies had Sat Navs on their windscreens.

We have a Tom Tom Rider for our bike and have never had a problem. I will try to find out more.

PS As a matter of fact, I seem to remember a while ago someone here was asking about a car rental with a Sat Nav and found one. Can't remember with which company, but surely if the car hire companies rent them out???

PPS Found the thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t+nav+car+hire
Yes Record car hire them.
But you still cant put in windscreen!!
LMj
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:31 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raywhent
I never look at the screen anyway, I just listen to the voice directions (Prefer Gladys to Tim!!). My main consideration is FULL postcode to FULL postcode in the UK, not sure if they have post codes similar to ours in Spain, guess I will find out when I arrive in 2008!!
No they don't, a postcode covers a VERY large area, i.e. the whole of Playa Flamenca, and some othere places round here have the same postcode, using post code to post code would not work.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:55 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Currently it is not illegal to use a Satnav in Spain.

There are proposals to limit the use of Satnavs but only to making it illegal to program them while on the move.

There was a news report about it in July.

Read it here:- http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_11549.shtml