Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Santander online banking not working

Santander online banking not working

Old Jul 24th 2012, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Santander online banking not working

Online banking been down all morning.
Could this be something more serious than a simple upgrade gone wrong?
Or is that just the conspiracy theorist in me?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Santander online banking not working

ok, back up and running now.
Obviously not related to the "crisis".
Never mind.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:01 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

still begs the question - who is the idiot who allows these teckies to make alterations and additions without ensuring they can get the system back up immediately and keep a copy of the previous version "just in case"

probably someone at the top of the bonuses food chain
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:18 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

As a person with 35 years experience in computers, can I say that all the systems go through testing etc but sometimes there are changes to personal records so rewinding and then doing all the transactions again (for live) is not possible

Davexf
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Go on, admit it...

You work for NatWest don't you?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
ok, back up and running now.
Obviously not related to the "crisis".
Never mind.
We must all be getting a bit twitchy! We came back from shopping this morning to find that our internet connection wasn't working, and when we tried to ring our provider to find out why, we got a message to say "your call cannot be connected". Initial reaction was to panic and think OMG, they've shut down the internet and the mobile phone networks, but it came back on after about half an hour so I've not even bothered trying to ring and find out what the problem was.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
We must all be getting a bit twitchy! We came back from shopping this morning to find that our internet connection wasn't working, and when we tried to ring our provider to find out why, we got a message to say "your call cannot be connected". Initial reaction was to panic and think OMG, they've shut down the internet and the mobile phone networks, but it came back on after about half an hour so I've not even bothered trying to ring and find out what the problem was.
I'm feeling that way after renewing a subscription to a photo site I've been a member of for years.
I've paid my 49€ but even after logging out and back in again it has not updated......fingers crossed on this one as the site has been going downhill lately!
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:07 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

As a person with 35 years experience in computers, can I say that all the systems go through testing etc but sometimes there are changes to personal records so rewinding and then doing all the transactions again (for live) is not possible

Davexf
only 35 years, ho hum
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:12 pm

my (uk) bank card expired and I have been going round ensuring the replacement card is the one in place with everyone.
except one company whose system is totally incapable of accepting the ugdated information, just goes into a loop. I can't actually blame the company because they use one of those merchant account thingy's in the background so the "fault" is with them

its funny they have been blaming my OS, my Net Nanny, me, the card everyone except themselves. I started to get worried when an email to support@ bounced from their email server as unknown

but its only £5 a month and there are plenty of alternatives out there.