British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Santander bank spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/santander-bank-spain-926744/)

stephen1962 Jul 27th 2019 1:24 pm

Santander bank spain

Hi need help
i was with Banco Popular now it’s Santander
i follow the link to sign in on Santander it says you can use the same login details
however it’s in Spanish or Catalonian
How can you login in plain English please

EsuriJohn Jul 27th 2019 2:52 pm

Re: Santander bank spain

Originally Posted by stephen1962 (Post 12715708)
Hi need help
i was with Banco Popular now it’s Santander
i follow the link to sign in on Santander it says you can use the same login details
however it’s in Spanish or Catalonian
How can you login in plain English please

Yes that threw us too. Popular website was quite good in the sense that most screens could be seen in English. We searched around a bit but could not find a link to have more than Spanish or Catalan. Anybody found a work around?

el collado kid Jul 27th 2019 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12715730)

Yes that threw us too. Popular website was quite good in the sense that most screens could be seen in English. We searched around a bit but could not find a link to have more than Spanish or Catalan. Anybody found a work around?

we were told you can,t so did not open an account,,, were with sabadell no problem:confused:

stephen1962 Jul 27th 2019 5:52 pm

Hi found 2 Santander apps for my I phone and pad with little Spanish flag one worked managed to login with Banco pop details however works but in part Spanish nothing like my old site but will have to do
strange thing is cant login on my pc

bob_bob Jul 28th 2019 8:14 am

Use Google browser and when you go to the site it asks if you want to translate to English.

Barriej Jul 28th 2019 8:38 pm

I have a translator on my web browser from BING. I use a Mac and it auto translates. If you search for add ons in your chosen browser there are many.
Google translate works ok.

But if you have the mobile app for santander spain it should be in english, mine is and I never had to change it.

frigilianafreddy Jul 30th 2019 6:45 pm

Er, maybe learn Spanish. The screens are pretty basic. You seriously live here and are unable to even do basic things in Spanish? Very sad.

How do we in the UK feel about immigrants who don't learn the language?

stephen1962 Jul 30th 2019 7:06 pm

Thanks for you’re reply shame you over think
i may have a Spanish bank account but I don’t live there like you wrongly presume.
and don’t compare to an immigrant I own a property in Spain and I don’t claim any benefits and pay all of the bills and taxes myself,
i don’t claim benefits in the uk either if that’s what you think,
and to summarise I have tried learning Spanish but due to being dyslexic cannot
Thanks for your nonsense and being a general bell end

el collado kid Jul 31st 2019 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by stephen1962 (Post 12716953)
i may have a Spanish bank account but I don’t live there like you wrongly presume.
and don’t compare to an immigrant I own a property in Spain and I don’t claim any benefits and pay all of the bills and taxes myself,

hi stephen. ihave been laughing all day:goodpost:we tryed too open a santander account a few years ago .all she wanted to do was sell insurance, just got up and left .open a bbva account its.ok, we have had a sabadell for many years .online isvery good.p.s is general the highest rank bell end , i could achive. ihave not heard that saying for many many years great fun:nod:

el collado kid Jul 31st 2019 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by stephen1962 (Post 12716953)

p.s Stephen i dont have dyslexia but,my uncle does, i also struggle with Spanish, i think it,s because i,m thick:ohmy:but with out fail with my Spanish amigos and my poco espaneola i get every thing i need and want:thumbsup: what a great Spanish life:amen: i live:angel:

breakfasttea Aug 1st 2019 7:20 am

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy (Post 12716942)
Er, maybe learn Spanish. The screens are pretty basic. You seriously live here and are unable to even do basic things in Spanish? Very sad.

How do we in the UK feel about immigrants who don't learn the language?

Quite shocking, I agree. Imagine, being a top tier footballer playing at Real Madrid, earning millions a month and yet never bothered to learn a word of Spanish in that 6 year tenure.

Go to Sabadell, they have English speaking telephone support and also in branch English speaking staff (at least one).

There are plenty of ads and fixed flyers about advertising Spanish for learners. Try a couple of language exchanges.

I wonder if you're a Brexiteer 🤭

el collado kid Aug 1st 2019 7:51 am

Originally Posted by breakfasttea (Post 12717526)

Quite shocking, I agree. Imagine, being a top tier footballer playing at Real Madrid, earning millions a month and yet never bothered to learn a word of Spanish in that 6 year tenure.

Go to Sabadell, they have English speaking telephone support and also in branch English speaking staff (at least one).

There are plenty of ads and fixed flyers about advertising Spanish for learners. Try a couple of language exchanges.

I wonder if you're a Brexiteer 🤭

i wonder if the footballer can speak welsh???:sneaky: