Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
When they get the hotel open they are going to have to bring back the second course to cope with the numbers. The clubs with integral hotels on both sides of the river both have two courses and MR is building a second 18 as it develops its play and stay potential.
Please let them bring back the second course, then my plot overlooking a lake and green (oops currently stagnant pond and scrubland) might actually be worth something!! Be nice for you as well John to look down on a lush green fairway
Old Mar 5th 2018, 7:51 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Hi Jon,

Don't get me wrong i would love to see the hotel open,and more people coming and going using all the facilities, but even if they turned up next Monday it would still be around two three years before it was all singing all dancing hotel resort.

Its whats happening on Esuri now that matters and makes more sense to me, the proposed sale does not include the empty shopping centre at the roundabout as you enter Esuri, so that's staying as is for now!!.

The demographics of Esuri mean most people who reside,live there are living on Pensions savings, pretty much a fixed income,if we had 4 restaurants and 5 bars, they wouldn't be full each day/ night, but weekends and special occasions, then come Easter/Summer months you would struggle to get in them. Like at home you don't eat out or go for a drink every night(Your not included in that)

So its hard to run a business on those terms and keep good staff with decent wages.

Ken.
Now now Ken, that's the second time you've joked about my enjoyment of food+drink! You'll ruin my international reputation as the tee-totallin', bible thumpin' & preachin' Vegan CE resident

I'm glad we agree on the hotel, I misunderstood you there, when you asked me to be careful what I wish for. Of course I don't expect any quick fix, as I've said many times 'don't hold your breath'. We bought virtually off plan - since then every change has taken interminably long. We're all used to it, and to disappointment over unachieved 'rumours'. I don't even know if all this has even been sold!

I do wish for something like I was promised on purchase. I celebrate the 'baby-steps' we have made so far and will in the future. But I wont get what I wish for in my lifetime. Maybe(?) the hotel will give it a kick start - it is anyway an improvement, hey a Marina would too!!!

Whilst I agree to much of your point on the demographics - I don't fully agree. Monte Francisco is far smaller - go there now in low season and you'll see many houses closed up, so there are also many holiday homes there. Yet the choice of bars-restos is significantly more.

Like many large communities there is a mix of wealth here. As you mentioned, on one hand - look at the villas going up...then... also people on limited pension-like budgets.

I feel there is room for a properly managed (for the demographics) Jags/19H (regardless of the actual location). We had that before with a far lower population. The GC is expensive - we can see it from our place and in the evenings often virtually empty. You and I love the shop which we call 'the local', but many (e.g those we know as friends) really don't share that feeling and prefer not to go there much. Great they have the option and prefer to pay a taxi into town to use the facilities there.

There's got to be room for more! Properly planned and priced and managed. Everything from a Hotel- Kiosko - Asian resto - new bar . Tuned to seasonal variation geared to the community (like we see all over e.g Spain)

Finally golf is an expensive hobby as you say on this thread. We often have a drink with golfers at the club after the game - who can all afford the prices. If my food+drink budget was as high as your (plural) food+drink+golf budget I'd be drinking champers and eating fillet steak a LOT more!

Maybe see you at MC tonight... we'll have a good-priced drink at our local!

Cheers
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 5th 2018 at 8:01 am.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Now now Ken, that's the second time you've joked about my enjoyment of food+drink! You'll ruin my international reputation as the tee-totallin', bible thumpin' & preachin' Vegan CE resident

I'm glad we agree on the hotel, I misunderstood you there, when you asked me to be careful what I wish for. Of course I don't expect any quick fix, as I've said many times 'don't hold your breath'. We bought virtually off plan - since then every change has taken interminably long. We're all used to it, and to disappointment over unachieved 'rumours'. I don't even know if all this has even been sold!

I do wish for something like I was promised on purchase. I celebrate the 'baby-steps' we have made so far and will in the future. But I wont get what I wish for in my lifetime. Maybe(?) the hotel will give it a kick start - it is anyway an improvement, hey a Marina would too!!!

Whilst I agree to much of your point on the demographics - I don't fully agree. Monte Francisco is far smaller - go there now in low season and you'll see many houses closed up, so there are also many holiday homes there. Yet the choice of bars-restos is significantly more.

Like many large communities there is a mix of wealth here. As you mentioned, on one hand - look at the villas going up...then... also people on limited pension-like budgets.

I feel there is room for a properly managed (for the demographics) Jags/19H (regardless of the actual location). We had that before with a far lower population. The GC is expensive - we can see it from our place and in the evenings often virtually empty. You and I love the shop which we call 'the local', but many (e.g those we know as friends) really don't share that feeling and prefer not to go there much. Great they have the option and prefer to pay a taxi into town to use the facilities there.

There's got to be room for more! Properly planned and priced and managed. Everything from a Hotel- Kiosko - Asian resto - new bar . Tuned to seasonal variation geared to the community (like we see all over e.g Spain)

Finally golf is an expensive hobby as you say on this thread. We often have a drink with golfers at the club after the game - who can all afford the prices. If my food+drink budget was as high as your (plural) food+drink+golf budget I'd be drinking champers and eating fillet steak a LOT more!

Maybe see you at MC tonight... we'll have a good-priced drink at our local!

Cheers
Jon
Would love to join you later, would even pay for the Champers!!, but i'm stuck in cold wet blighty?, back in ten days so will definitely catch up then and have a Day/Night out with you both,.

Ken.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:54 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Would love to join you later, would even pay for the Champers!!, but i'm stuck in cold wet blighty?, back in ten days so will definitely catch up then and have a Day/Night out with you both,.
Hi Ken.

Its wet and windy here. We went to lunch in Tavira, the news was all about the TORNADO that really messed up homes, sadly, and ripped out trees etc. There was even a report from Castro Marim.

You'll miss all that when you get here... See you then Ill get the steak

Jon

Last edited by Rosemary; Mar 7th 2018 at 9:10 am. Reason: corrected quote
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like NO news is NOT good news. I'm sure had the sale gone through the Mayor of Ayamonte would have appeared on the front cover of the local paper Huelva Informacion shaking hands with the new owners but I've seen nothing!

Better luck next year I guess.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Paco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the rough

Keith,
do not despair. Miracles exist.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

The Mayor appears in many pics ... but nothing done for the moment...
Old Apr 11th 2018, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

its all gone very quiet on the hotel sale...............? the grapevine has 'withered'??
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:03 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by neil77
its all gone very quiet on the hotel sale...............? the grapevine has 'withered'??
Hi Neil77

The grapevine (aka rumour mill ) has gone quieter.

However I recently heard that the GC is running down its services, Javier is not seen as much and the restaurant choice has dropped to a minimum.

There's even a rumour of a pending closure on 24/4. This sounds dire - but may be positive, if it is then that they hand over the GC to the new owners - with pockets big enough to buy/invest in all the real estate there.

That's if anything has been signed of course ! Like others have mentioned, where is the Mayor in the press with the good news?!!

I remain positive, however, for 2018 in total and with e.g the new 'fusion' resto opening - new owners of the hotel and Golf (hopefully).. it sounds like some major steps forward.... but lets see. Still not holding my breath, though.

But things are looking up - I think

Jon
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:28 am
Just Joined

enri is an unknown quantity at this point

Yesterday Martin Fadesa en liquidacion, opened a new auction season where besides other real state, is the mall, but NOT the hotel and the golf course.
How to explain that? I hope they consider these already sold.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Enri, I would imagine that the deal on the hotel and golf club is 'nearly there' hence not included in any current sale. Maybe?
Jon BXL - you have heard more than I! I have heard that the manager of the golf club has 'lost interest' in the golf club, is closing the Bianka Resto and just doing bar snacks from now on. Maybe his interest is more in his construction business of even his new resto in Punta Umbria, who knows, but the gc is definitely in decline at the moment, and very quiet as opposed to what it has been. Big shame, but, as you say, lots of new establishments may be coming to Esuri. Certainly many new villas being built and that shows good confidence in Esuri coupled with many investing in its future. As you say, good things to come, in time
Old Apr 18th 2018, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

ENRI - Do you have a link to the current phase of auctions that you referred to. I google searched the fadesa website and could not find anything current? I was merely interested on seeing the details for the shopping centre. Thanks keith.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 9:30 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by enri
Yesterday Martin Fadesa en liquidacion, opened a new auction season where besides other real state, is the mall, but NOT the hotel and the golf course.
How to explain that? I hope they consider these already sold.
Thanks. There is a good hope of that I think. I really dont understand how the back-taxes have been paid without a signed contract, but we've been told that the town hall has the money. So that is a good sign. Also Enri a good sign that they are not for sale as well.

........... but lets see. Nothing is logical or easy over here with regards to CE!

Jon
Old Apr 18th 2018, 9:36 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by neil77
Enri, I would imagine that the deal on the hotel and golf club is 'nearly there' hence not included in any current sale. Maybe?
Jon BXL - you have heard more than I! I have heard that the manager of the golf club has 'lost interest' in the golf club, is closing the Bianka Resto and just doing bar snacks from now on. Maybe his interest is more in his construction business of even his new resto in Punta Umbria, who knows, but the gc is definitely in decline at the moment, and very quiet as opposed to what it has been. Big shame, but, as you say, lots of new establishments may be coming to Esuri. Certainly many new villas being built and that shows good confidence in Esuri coupled with many investing in its future. As you say, good things to come, in time
Great Neil77 thats confirmed. I really hope its because the new owners want to get up and running and obviously Javier will want to run down the business and stocks etc till then. I didnt realise he had a resto in Punta Umbria. I even heard a rumour a few months back that he was considering the 19H as a switch from the GC. But I didnt give it a lot of thought as I am sure if he did, he would've wanted too much of a deal!

Well dont ask .... dont get.

So I think we will not be seeing Javier much longer.

Tea leaves are good - I agree

Jon
Old Apr 18th 2018, 10:19 am
Just Joined

enri is an unknown quantity at this point

Keith; I must send five posts, before sending you a URL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.