British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Sale of hotel & golf courses (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/sale-hotel-golf-courses-906106/)

MikeCol Nov 21st 2017 6:01 pm

Sale of hotel & golf courses

Have heard from a friend today that, and I quote, 'seems like the Hotel & both Golf Courses have been sold'. Can anyone else confirm this? Regards Bryony

Paco Nov 23rd 2017 7:31 am

Re: Sale of hotel & golf courses

Is it true ?
No comments ?
:(:confused:

enri Nov 23rd 2017 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 12387660)
Is it true ?
No comments ?
:(:confused:

Martin Fadesa en liquidacion, after a public tender process, published that an Spanish entrepeneur had payed the deposit for all the real state mentioned.

Now I think there is four month period to sign the final contract and take all the business

MikeCol Nov 23rd 2017 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by enri (Post 12387698)
Martin Fadesa en liquidacion, after a public tender process, published that an Spanish entrepeneur had payed the deposit for all the real state mentioned.

Now I think there is four month period to sign the final contract and take all the business

Fingers X'd then 😊

EsuriJohn Nov 23rd 2017 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by MikeCol (Post 12387852)
Fingers X'd then 😊

The saga should have ended on Tuesday but no news yet.
The sequence was a final advert at a fixed price of €200,000 + debts about €2m about 4 mths ago. This was “won” by Hydrocarbon (Malaga) and was published by the liquidator together with the total IBI, EUC debts. However this being Spain that was not the end of it! Three more adverts at the same price followed. The last one closed and it is known that there is a winner who has paid €4m (€1.07m IBI, €0.72m EUC, the rest for the hotel, golf clubhouse and both golf courses) conditional on signing at the notary last Tuesday to avoid an increase in IBI&EUC costs.
The bidders still in were a Chinese investor and a golf course operator from Malaga/Marbella. We have no news yet which one has won or if the signing happened so we are not holding our breath.

MikeCol Nov 24th 2017 8:19 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12388015)
The sequence was a final advert at a fixed price of €200,000 + debts about €2m about 4 mths ago. This was “won” by Hydrocarbon (Malaga) and was published by the liquidator together with the total IBI, EUC debts. However this being Spain that was not the end of it! Three more adverts at the same price followed. The last one closed and it is known that there is a winner who has paid €4m (€1.07m IBI, €0.72m EUC, the rest for the hotel, golf clubhouse and both golf courses) conditional on signing at the notary last Tuesday to avoid an increase in IBI&EUC costs.
The bidders still in were a Chinese investor and a golf course operator from Malaga/Marbella. We have no news yet which one has won or if the signing happened so we are not holding our breath.

Thanks John 👍

AndyS Nov 25th 2017 11:39 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12388015)

Thanks for the update John, it’s good to get a bit of substance around the rumours. If you hear anything definite perhaps you would be kind enough to post it here. Best regards to you and Kath.
Andy

Paco Nov 25th 2017 4:32 pm

What happens with the Commercial Center, is auctioned separately ?

guesswork Nov 27th 2017 10:46 am

They are buying the share capital of the 3 companies that Fadesa moved the assets into

The companies that are being bought are Baranda Azul , Lamps sa and TR2 sa

keithBT Nov 28th 2017 11:37 am

Blimey, Ayamonte local council must be celebrating receiving an injection of of 1,070,000 euros IBI tax, - especially as they did zilch to receive it. Perhaps they will fix the lighting from the Mway to the bridge . Ha,ha.

AndyS Dec 8th 2017 8:58 am

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12390259)
Blimey, Ayamonte local council must be celebrating receiving an injection of of 1,070,000 euros IBI tax, - especially as they did zilch to receive it. Perhaps they will fix the lighting from the Mway to the bridge . Ha,ha.

Has anyone got an update on the rumour or is it just another one that has died? :fingerscrossed:

guesswork Dec 8th 2017 9:10 am

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 12395911)
Has anyone got an update on the rumour or is it just another one that has died? :fingerscrossed:

No news at the moment

Paco Dec 8th 2017 3:31 pm

I wish the new owner Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ! :wink_smile:

MikeJ Dec 9th 2017 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 12396142)
I wish the new owner Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ! :wink_smile:

and a prosperous New Year ;):thumbup:

Paco Dec 9th 2017 8:44 am

I hope it !
No more rumours !:(
No more disilluision ! :unsure:

This is the best Christmas Present for Costa Esuri ! :nod:
I wrote it on the wish list for Santa Claus ! :fingerscrossed:

Lets move on to the action ! :thumbsup:

keithBT Dec 9th 2017 10:36 am

I wish I could share your optimism !!

Paco Dec 9th 2017 4:20 pm

You can do it.
Send a letter to Santa Claus and pray to receive it.
Hope is the last thing you loose.:fingerscrossed::starsmile:

cocoloco030979 Dec 11th 2017 11:54 pm

Hopefully it will be fulfilled and bet really hard and return the old team of aymerich golf workers

keithBT Dec 18th 2017 8:40 pm

I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum ( but have not found it) someone saying that when a building has not been finished such as the hotel, the developer or subsequent owners have only ten years from when construction ceased to complete it. If this is not the case, the building has to be demolished. Does anyone else recall this, or is it merely a figment of my imagination????
It must be very close to ten years since construction ceased, hence I wonder what the situation is regarding finishing it. I know nothing about Spanish building regs, but I recall skeleton blocks of flats being torn down on the Costa Blanca where the developers went bust in the early/ mid 1990's.

Just a thought !!

guesswork Dec 18th 2017 8:58 pm

Building stopped 10 years next March

EsuriJohn Dec 19th 2017 9:26 am

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12401773)
I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum ( but have not found it) someone saying that when a building has not been finished such as the hotel, the developer or subsequent owners have only ten years from when construction ceased to complete it. If this is not the case, the building has to be demolished. Does anyone else recall this, or is it merely a figment of my imagination????
It must be very close to ten years since construction ceased, hence I wonder what the situation is regarding finishing it. I know nothing about Spanish building regs, but I recall skeleton blocks of flats being torn down on the Costa Blanca where the developers went bust in the early/ mid 1990's.

Just a thought !!

This sort of law exists in Portugal but I don’t think Spain has a similar law. The blocks being demolished on the CDS have fallen foul of other planning and zoning laws and it takes many years for the loca authority to actually get them demolished. There was the famous case of a hotel built right on the beach in a conservation area and area of outstanding natural beauty that was to be demolished after much legal action and successful cases before judges but I am not sure evan that has gone!

bitmanev Dec 20th 2017 10:52 am

having lived for many years in Portugal; money talks...

cocoloco030979 Jan 15th 2018 10:55 am

Hi. I have heard that the sale of the golf course and the hotel is already signed. Do you know anything?

MikeJ Jan 15th 2018 11:34 am

Originally Posted by cocoloco030979 (Post 12419153)
Hi. I have heard that the sale of the golf course and the hotel is already signed. Do you know anything?

Without being rude, is your source authoritative or just another wishful thinker? I'm afraid these rumours have been circulating for years.

cocoloco030979 Jan 15th 2018 11:56 am

I heard it from a person

keithBT Jan 15th 2018 12:07 pm

Hi Cocoloco ?, Yes, but is this person in an authoritative position, eg, the abogado, or directly involved with the negotiations, or from the ayuntamiento or similar. Anything else is pure optimism & speculation. I WILL believe it only when it appears in the local spanish newspapers.

EsuriJohn Jan 15th 2018 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12419200)
Hi Cocoloco ?, Yes, but is this person in an authoritative position, eg, the abogado, or directly involved with the negotiations, or from the ayuntamiento or similar. Anything else is pure optimism & speculation. I WILL believe it only when it appears in the local spanish newspapers.

Apparently the deeds were signed at the Notario in A Coruña on the 21/12/2017. Which was the known date before Christmas. Just not revealed who has made the purchase. Why?

cocoloco030979 Jan 15th 2018 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12419204)
Apparently the deeds were signed at the Notario in A Coruña on the 21/12/2017. Which was the known date before Christmas. Just not revealed who has made the purchase. Why?

listen to a chinese businessman

MikeJ Jan 15th 2018 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by cocoloco030979 (Post 12419188)
I heard it from a person

Thank you very much for your informative answer.

AndyS Jan 15th 2018 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 12419234)
Thank you very much for your informative answer.

Nice one:):).

bitmanev Jan 16th 2018 9:24 pm

Chinese whispers...

Paco Jan 16th 2018 11:12 pm

When will we finally learn the truth ?
Always new hopes ! :(
I hope 2018 is definitely the year of change !
:fingerscrossed:

neil77 Jan 27th 2018 3:04 pm

H2O just posted on their facebook page that they've signed another contract to keep running the golf course and club. Mind, that contract could be with new owners?

EsuriJohn Jan 27th 2018 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 12420452)
When will we finally learn the truth ?
Always new hopes ! :(
I hope 2018 is definitely the year of change !
:fingerscrossed:

His honour the Mayor in a meeting with owners and residents last night on a bitterly cold terrace at the GC said inter Alia that the contract for the sale of the remaining assets of MF had taken place and the assets would be transferred on the 20th February from the liquidator to the new owners. Who are, wait for it, a group of business from The Extramadura and Salamanca. He understands that their first priority will be the completion of the skeleton of the hotel. From that we may conclude that in about two years from now there will be a hotel open on Costa Esuri. No mention was made of the golf courses or the golf club. Javier was in attendance and stood at the back throughout and did not speak.

neil77 Jan 27th 2018 5:41 pm

the plot thickens!! :-)

AndyS Jan 28th 2018 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12428851)
His honour the Mayor in a meeting with owners and residents last night on a bitterly cold terrace at the GC said inter Alia that the contract for the sale of the remaining assets of MF had taken place and the assets would be transferred on the 20th February from the liquidator to the new owners. Who are, wait for it, a group of business from The Extramadura and Salamanca. He understands that their first priority will be the completion of the skeleton of the hotel. From that we may conclude that in about two years from now there will be a hotel open on Costa Esuri. No mention was made of the golf courses or the golf club. Javier was in attendance and stood at the back throughout and did not speak.

John,
Who or what are the Extramadura and Salamanca please?
Thanks
Andy

neil77 Jan 28th 2018 3:23 pm

they are geographical regions north of us arent they?

EsuriJohn Jan 28th 2018 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 12429202)
John,
Who or what are the Extramadura and Salamanca please?
Thanks
Andy

The Extramadura is a comunidad (like AndalucĂ­a) to the north west of AndalucĂ­a, Salamanca is a Province and city to the north east of the Extramadura.

EsuriJohn Jan 28th 2018 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12428851)

The “transfer” will take place between Martinsa-Fadesa in liquidation and the consortium of business men from north of Ayamonte.

AndyS Jan 28th 2018 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 12429231)
The Extramadura is a comunidad (like AndalucĂ­a) to the north west of AndalucĂ­a, Salamanca is a Province and city to the north east of the Extramadura.

Thanks John, I’ll look forward to them bringing their hotel expertise to CE then!:)