Salary

Old Aug 17th 2016, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Maltaangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary

Hi,

I have a job offer in Valencia with a basic salary of 800 euros a month less tax, having done some research on rentals etc, I don't feel this will be easy to manage on.

Interested re guidance and what would be a realistic salary.

Thank you
Old Aug 17th 2016, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salary

Depends if you want to live or manage I guess. To live I would say at least double that, minimum.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 5:15 am
Just Joined

I think your right, I currently live in Malta and to pay bills and live at least 1,500 per month, so same for Spain.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 6:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maltaangel
Hi,

I have a job offer in Valencia with a basic salary of 800 euros a month less tax, having done some research on rentals etc, I don't feel this will be easy to manage on.

Thank you
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 18th 2016, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you
Unfortunately that's the reality for many these days and if you are sharing an apartment, or can live with family rent free, it's just about ok. You can probably find a smaller apartment for under €300 but if you look at it this way, most people where I live receive €800 unemployment benefits and free rent but still complain. I don't know about Malta but if you look at basic costs across Europe, there is not a huge difference when it comes to food shopping, utilities etc.

Best way is to compare the special offers on Lidl and Aldi websites as they are everywhere these days.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Exactly living costs in Malta have risen over the last few years and not unlike the UK. Whilst in Spain last week for the location and not to share it was around the 400 euro figure plus bills etc.

The situation in Malta is people cannot live on the minimum wage unless staying with family, so appears it's the same in Spain too.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 7:36 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I think your right, I currently live in Malta and to pay bills and live at least 1,500 per month, so same for Spain.
You would be silly to move for that money, it is not a suitable wage at all. I do not believe that you could live on it. You are right about the costs being similar between the two countries, when you do comparisons one thing may be lower here but something else will probably be higher.

Rosemary
Old Aug 18th 2016, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Agreed....it's a very good company shame the salary is so low ! But will look for other opportunities.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Spain Average Nominal Monthly Wage | 2000-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar
Average nominal wage : Euro 1,832.26
Old Aug 18th 2016, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much
Old Aug 18th 2016, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Although these figures are a bit misleading and don't show the whole picture. According to other data, around 60% of all workers earn less than €1100, so average is not really a good guide when you look at salaries. You have to consider that a Lionel Messi earns 25 million, but the reality is that most people who work for FC Barcelona won't have the average.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Although these figures are a bit misleading and don't show the whole picture. According to other data, around 60% of all workers earn less than €1100, so average is not really a good guide when you look at salaries. You have to consider that a Lionel Messi earns 25 million, but the reality is that most people who work for FC Barcelona won't have the average.
The average (median) salary in Spain is about EUR1,750 per month gross

Which means that about half of workers earn more than that, and half earn less

However, most workers in Spain have 14 payments per year and talk about net salary rather than gross salary. In which case, the net monthly income is around EUR1,100 per month as you mentioned

Median salaries in Spain are about 20% lower than in the UK, while average (mean) salaries are about 50% lower in Spain

Meaning that there is more wage equality in Spain than in the UK. In the UK, the top 10% of workers earn two or three times as much as the top 10% in Spain

https://www.reinisfischer.com/averag...ean-union-2016
Old Aug 18th 2016, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

In summary a monthly Euros 800,- in Valencia is not going to go very far.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

I am realizing this and appreciate all the info on here � ����
Old Aug 18th 2016, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

lucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond reputelucilastic has a reputation beyond repute

Malta IS more expensive than Spain,also the lifestyle is different,it depends what you prefer or can afford.I spent quite some time in Malta,am retired after having a successful business in Spain,thinking to relocate there & self sufficient.If you are only concerned about language issues,& sometimes the Maltese are not that helpful in speaking English,then either have some Spanish lessons or(you are young)get a Spanish boy/girlfriend!And use Spanglish too.I used to rent out a nice small apartment long term for 300 euros because I wanted a good tenant to look after it as it was an investment for my Spanish granddaughter.It had a private roof terrace & I provided everything down to even a beach mat.Look around,especially now as there are lots of rentals but do make sure you have a proper legal rental contract-which the landlord pays for.Many pensioners have about that amount to live on.You might have to forgo things like an iphone or every weekend a wild party though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.