Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sad news about Big Jim

Sad news about Big Jim

Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:28 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sad news about Big Jim

Originally Posted by jdr
As we had not heard from Big Jim, I thought I would PM his wife for any news.
Sadly I have to inform you that he passsed away on 10th October.
I am enclosing the reply PM from his brother :

Hello jdr,
I'am sorry to have to tell you my Brother passed away in the early hours of Tuesday 10th October.
Carol is coping as well as could be expected,
my wife and I are staying here in Spain for a while.
I have just looked at all of his replys on this site and I think he would have become a major player asking and answering all questions.
Thank you for thinking of us.
Kind regards
Eric Richards

I am sure you will all join me in sending our sincere condolences to his family.
He will be missed by us all at B E.
RIP Big Jim.

RIP Jim.....My thoughts are with his wife and family
Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:57 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
As we had not heard from Big Jim, I thought I would PM his wife for any news.
Sadly I have to inform you that he passsed away on 10th October.
I am enclosing the reply PM from his brother :

Hello jdr,
I'am sorry to have to tell you my Brother passed away in the early hours of Tuesday 10th October.
Carol is coping as well as could be expected,
my wife and I are staying here in Spain for a while.
I have just looked at all of his replys on this site and I think he would have become a major player asking and answering all questions.
Thank you for thinking of us.
Kind regards
Eric Richards

I am sure you will all join me in sending our sincere condolences to his family.
He will be missed by us all at B E.
RIP Big Jim.

I was very sorry to hear this and would like to pay my respects to Big Jim and his family. I am glad his brother took the time to inform the forum.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

I'd like to add my condolences to Big Jim's family too; very sad news. He did seem a lovely guy.

take care all of you
Old Oct 25th 2006, 1:52 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear the sad news.
The skating posts made me laugh.
Condolences to the family.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

Best wishes to Carol and family at this sad time
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to send my condolences to the family of Big Jim.
The anonymity of a public forum does not detract from the fact that Big Jim made many people smile with his humourous postings.

Carol
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences to his family,RIP Big Jim.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Dizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant futureDizzy Mich has a brilliant future

Not a regular member but couldn't go without passsing on my condolences to the family.

Big Jim seemed such a happy and special person.......

My thoughts are with his wife and family.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:16 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that Big Jim's family and friends read these posts because he truly was a very special person on this forum, as the number of posts to his demise can testify. God bless him.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Im pretty sure that jdr if he hasnt already taken care of that, will do so shortly. He's a very caring person jdr is!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 6:17 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to close the thread this weekend and contact Carol, but 6 more people sent their condolences and I am sure there are a few more people in the Europe forum who have not yet seen the thread ?, so I will leave it till next weekend.

Thanks eveyone for your support at this sad time.
jdr
Old Nov 4th 2006, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

CharlieBangor is an unknown quantity at this point

My deepest condolences.

Charlie
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I think now the time has come to close Big Jims thread, although I will leave it at the top of the forum for a couple of days.
I will contact Carol and let her know.
I would like to thank everyone who has posted on the thread even though so many of us had never even met Big Jim, I am sure Carol and family will appreciate it.
Although Big Jim wasn`t a member for long all the posts he did make were a great contribution to the forum, giving us all information and a good laugh sometimes also.
I am sure he will never be forgotten.

RIP Big Jim.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:30 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I know i have already posted and no i haven't met Big Jim but i have to say that he stands as an example to those of us that haven't yet made the break. He lived his dream and so should all those who have yet to be brave enough to do so.

HASTA LA PROXIMA JIM.