Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sabadell CAM Credit card points

Sabadell CAM Credit card points

Old Dec 14th 2012, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sabadell CAM Credit card points

I appreciate this question may be a bit of a shot in the dark, but here goes.
I was a Cam customer, now taken over by Sabadell.
With my Mastercard Classic credit card I was accumulating points when used for a purchase which gave me a selection of 'gifts' I could claim.
When I accessed Cam online there was an option "Puntos de Tarjeta" where I could view my accumulated points. Now I have to log on to Sabadell online I cannot find this option on their site or anything which may be similar.
I have been telephoning them for the last 2 days and when I get the press for English speaking option I get operators who tell me (in English!) that there are no English speaking assistants available and they will telephone me back. Guess what - no calls!
I have also tried their online assistance chat (message in Spanish) but there are no operators available there either apparently! I have sent a message but so far no reply.
At the branches, I'm told the online service is separate and to contact it directly!
Anyone help please?
Thanks.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sabadell CAM Credit card points

Given the millions (or billions?) that the CAM 'lost' and they were sold for 1€ to Sabadell good luck with that!
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spainrico
Given the millions (or billions?) that the CAM 'lost' and they were sold for 1€ to Sabadell good luck with that!
I think you're probably correct!
Annoying thing is, I could & should have claimed the gift(s) I was entitled towhen the info' was on the CAM site.
As a matter of interest (no pun intended) I wonder how many CAM credit card holders realised they were even accumulating these points? I stumbled across it some months back when I clicked on "Puntos de Tarjeta" and discovered I was getting points for using the card.
UPDATE.
Just got a call from Sabadell. I can't access the points on their new site and the assistant had no idea about what to do about it. After being put on hold few some time I think (!) I finished up at my branch, where again the person hadn't a clue and couldn't access anywhere any information on my points.
She says she will raise an 'incident' with head office and get back to me.
I'm not holding my breath.
I know this is "small beer" in comparison to other CAM and banking scandals but I'm pretty annoyed as I had accumulated a large number of points which I intended to convert into Xmas presents for the household.
This is one of the annoying things about Spain. In the UK, I would be able to raise this with consumer groups and get some action, but here, I think not!
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of a chap I knew who was given a cheque for 10k in the morning for commission earnt, he went for a lunch time drink, and by the afternoon the cheque was worthless as the company had gone down.

Many people have lost a lot of money with CAM investments and probably be years before they see any return.

I would think this scheme was run in conjunction with some promotions company who are also probably owed money.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spainrico
I would think this scheme was run in conjunction with some promotions company who are also probably owed money.
You're spot-on, it was, because when I viewed gifts available I was directed to a separate non-Cam site. Have no idea who they are or were so can't find their site!