SABADELL

Old Feb 18th 2021, 8:23 am
Just Joined

watkins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SABADELL

Can you also use your UK Santander account for your Spanish direct debits?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

I have delved a bit deeper.This site compares all the credit and debit cards.It was last uodated on 9 Feb so is hot off the press
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cre...-credit-cards/
Just plug in what card you have and it els you the fees etc
Old Feb 18th 2021, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the website the Santander 123 card is "The card from Hell"
So back to the drawing board.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
I used Transferwise at end of December . Rate was 0.7% below interbank rate at time of deal. Not bad
I beieve it has been discussed on here before . But I understand that if you have a £ 123 account in UK with Santander. You can go to Santander ATM in Spain and draw out Euros at near perfect exchange rate, with no charges. If this is true I was going to take money that way and pay straight into my Sabadel account . Unfortunately I have not been able to get over there for a year now, so having been able to see whether it this is in fact the case or my chain is being pulled .
That is exactly the format we use 123 Santander account in UK, 123 Santander account in Spain. For all normal expenditure we draw from the hole in the wall on our UK cards (max €300 each) and pay into both Sabadell and Santander as required. With both Spanish banks we have three DDs to keep the accounts free but we have to pay €3mth for the use of their charge cards.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:07 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
That is exactly the format we use 123 Santander account in UK, 123 Santander account in Spain. For all normal expenditure we draw from the hole in the wall on our UK cards (max €300 each) and pay into both Sabadell and Santander as required. With both Spanish banks we have three DDs to keep the accounts free but we have to pay €3mth for the use of their charge cards.
Sabadell now charge simply for the privilege of having an account with them. Unless you have one of their additional products, you will be charged - irrespective of how many DD's you have.

Normal charge with Sabadell Expansion account is now at least 5€ per month paid quarterly.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Sabadell now charge simply for the privilege of having an account with them. Unless you have one of their additional products, you will be charged - irrespective of how many DD's you have.

Normal charge with Sabadell Expansion account is now at least 5€ per month paid quarterly.
we have a small mortgage which we are in no rush to pay off. The interest charge is just €2 a month so a good deal!
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Looking at the website the Santander 123 card is "The card from Hell"
So back to the drawing board.
we only ever draw cash from a Spanish Santander branch with th English Santander card. Works a treat and cost nothing with great ex rate.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

So the question is the John ,what exchange rate do you get when you withdraw Euros using your UK account ,and is there a commission added to the transaction .

Whenever I buy Euros I compare the rate I get to the interbank rate at that moment.The interbank rate is the "perfect rate " I use to see how much under that rate I am getting my euros . For those that don't know what the interbank rate is the the rate that banks deal with each other in the FX market worldwide. The spread would typically be 1 pip. That's 1.1500 bid against 1.1501 offer for example ,and this would be for minimum of £1,000,000 or multiples thereof.
So that's the benchmark rate you should base the all in rate you are getting (rate plus commission if any added) on whether you are getting a good deal or not.
​​​​​
Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

we only ever draw cash from a Spanish Santander branch with th English Santander card. Works a treat and cost nothing with great ex rate.
Sorry John didn't see this when I replied earlier .
I wonder if it's that as you have both a Santander Euro account and a Santander UK account, is the reason you get the better rate with no commission .
Old Feb 18th 2021, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Halifax Clarity Credit Card. It is always one of the best on Moneysaving expert. If my Sabadell acc is a bit low I get cash on on the Clarity card and deposit in my Sabadell account
Old Feb 18th 2021, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry John didn't see this when I replied earlier .
I wonder if it's that as you have both a Santander Euro account and a Santander UK account, is the reason you get the better rate with no commission .
exactly!
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

jackteet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, My Wife and I have held an account with Sabadell for 17 years and do not pay any maintenance fees. Like the rest of you the bank has slapped €18.00 monthly charge for transfers. There are a couple of people on our local facebook that visited sabadell and after short chats with the manager the charges have been dropped. However there are several articles about spanish banks increasing their charges in respect of account maintenance so even if fees for transfers are stopped the banks get us another way.
From research I have decided to open N26 bank accounts for my wife and I and a TransferWise account. The N26 has a spanish IBAN number so state and private pensions can be paid into the account. The account is free and comes with a free visa debit and the bank also deals with direct debits and S/O.
I think for us expats the days of using spanish banks is coming to an end.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW, N26 is a new one on me !! I googled it and it seems to be run by Axos bank and is totally free. SO I need an idiots guide ! Does this mean we can close our spanish bank accounts and transfer ALL our direct debits for Ghiasa, Endesa, braodband, EUC, IBI etc to the N26 account ? Presumably we can still fund the account as normal using transferwise. I'm speaking as a non EU resident btw. ANY THOUGHTS? I'd love to close my bbva account as they charge me 126 euros annually in fees. No way round it for uk residents.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 2:53 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point

N26 don't operate in UK but will send their debit card to one's Spanish address when they validate your NIE number and verify that your passport photo is similar to your selfie. I created my account yesterday and have transferred a small amount to activate the account . My cousin has banked with them for over a year and is happy with the service. I have no connection to this bank and only opened the account because Ulster Bank are withdrawing from Rep. Of Ireland

Last edited by maccro; Feb 24th 2021 at 2:55 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

jackteet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Have a look at N26 on Trust Pilot, excellent reviews. You can set up direct debits and the account comes with a free Visa debit card. I dont know where you live but N26 offers accounts in most countries except the uk. I have just opened an account in Spain and it comes with a spanish IBAN number.
State and private pensions can be paid into the account and it is automatically linked to TransferWise. Being a spanish account all transfers are internal so there are no transfers fees applied by your receiving bank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.