Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

S1 Healthcare update

S1 Healthcare update

Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default S1 Healthcare update

I've just read this update in a French expat site newsletter about the reciprocal healthcare that was to be withdrawn at end of March '14:

Tuesday 08 April 2014
The planned withdrawal of S1 health certificates has been delayed, as officials consider the full implications of the proposed measure.
The UK Department of Health have confirmed that the planned abolition of the issue of new S1 certificates of entitlement this month has not taken place and that the forms are continuing to be issued on the basis of existing rules.
The S1 certificate grants free affiliation to the health system, which for early retirees is up to a maximum of two and a half years, depending on their most recent national insurance record.

Anyone have any more info?
Old Apr 21st 2014, 7:10 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S1 Healthcare update

by now would have expected our friends from the Embassy to have posted some sort of update - been waiting for it..........

`
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Having read the French web site + other French sites my interpretation at least in relation to France (and I have a house there) is that 'conventional' retires as against 'early' are unaffected.

Equally all S1's in France used to be dealt with the local CPAM's which is a sort of health board. It is now being centralised down in the Languedoc Roussillion and that may required some bedding in and hence causing problems.

There are those on this site very much more knowledgeable than myself if there are any changes envisaged for Spain
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: S1 Healthcare update

Originally Posted by Porth
Having read the French web site + other French sites my interpretation at least in relation to France (and I have a house there) is that 'conventional' retires as against 'early' are unaffected.

Equally all S1's in France used to be dealt with the local CPAM's which is a sort of health board. It is now being centralised down in the Languedoc Roussillion and that may required some bedding in and hence causing problems.

There are those on this site very much more knowledgeable than myself if there are any changes envisaged for Spain
The proposal was that the S1 for State pensioners would be issued in the normal way on reaching retirement age and moving abroad within the EEC or having moved early if you had a complete contribution record it would be issued to you on reaching State Retirement age.

Early retirees would no longer qualify for S1 however good their contribution record was until they reached retirement age. This is the part that seems subject to delay and maybe a rethink.

The proposals only affected UK State Retirees.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

thanks am grateful and now understand

best wishes