Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

RYR (again). Flights withdrawn everywhere?

RYR (again). Flights withdrawn everywhere?

Old Nov 11th 2011, 3:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RYR (again). Flights withdrawn everywhere?

Originally Posted by fionamw
If RYR's Malaga flights had been consistently below 75-85% I'd say fair point but they weren't.
But maybe the flights to Stansted are demanding 100% seats all the time, so he uses the planes on that route.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
But maybe the flights to Stansted are demanding 100% seats all the time, so he uses the planes on that route.
Mmm. Can't fault that logic, but can't avoid a !
Old Nov 11th 2011, 3:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm. Can't fault that logic, but can't avoid a !
That is the problem with all services. while they take your money they love you, but if they can`t take it they seem to forget relations.
Have you ever tried to cancel anything Telefonica/movistar.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
That is the problem with all services. while they take your money they love you, but if they can`t take it they seem to forget relations.
Have you ever tried to cancel anything Telefonica/movistar.
Don't get me started... whoops too late.... still corresponding with not one but two credit companies who pounced on me for not paying a bill after cancelling a phone line. No-one actually told me WHEN I could cancel my direct debit so despite waiting several weeks, (sod's law being in operation obviously) I cancelled it the day before the final payment was due out. I've paid it within hours of being notified of the error, but get the two dobermanns off my back? Chance'd be a fine thing. Telefonica say I don't owe them anything but the credit companies are my problem
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Not only Ryanair that do this.

We received notification this week that our Aer Lingus flight back the the UK on Jan 12th has been cancelled as they are stopping that service on the 8th. Rebooked with Monarch and a refund should be coming my way from AL.

Also Tiger Airways have changed the flight we have booked and paid for from Hanoi to Singapore next March twice already. First shifting to later in the day, second changing to original timing but the next day, which has a knock on effect of having to change hotel bookings and airport transfers..

Should be grateful that we get anywhere with cut price airlines :-)
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Same from up here in Scotland. The prestwick flights to malaga seem to be non existant. We prefer to fly to Seville despite the long drive down south to East mids/Liverpool, but they have gone. It makes you wonder about the staff as well. They must be waiting in line for the dole queue, or as someone once told me, do they use agency workers so that they don't have to pay N.I in the UK.
Pete
Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

If RYR's Malaga flights had been consistently below 75-85% I'd say fair point but they weren't.
If Mr O'Leary's profit margins per passenger are as small as he claims they are, something like increased landing fees (or those he considers too high) might make enough of a difference for Ryanair to pull their flights from particular airports, even if three quarters of the seats are filled.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lynn R
If Mr O'Leary's profit margins per passenger are as small as he claims they are, something like increased landing fees (or those he considers too high) might make enough of a difference for Ryanair to pull their flights from particular airports, even if three quarters of the seats are filled.
Yes I think if you read the business pages that is usually the reason given. He is well known for pulling out of airports altogether when they refuse to reduce their landing fees. He did this in Inverness even though the flights were always packed. As it was a PFI airport they wouldn't reduce charges.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Ryanair are now staying in Gerona and Reus, Uncle Mick has done another deal!
http://www.abc.es/20111116/economia/...111161520.html
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by agoreira
Looks like Ryanair are now staying in Gerona and Reus, Uncle Mick has done another deal!
http://www.abc.es/20111116/economia/...111161520.html
Bit far for us
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Bit far for us
Yes, I think it was Rambling Rose though that was mourning it's loss, should cheer her up!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 2:38 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

We had the same problem, Ryanair built up good business in Granada for their flights, always seemed to be full both ways, then they cut for the winter and never came back. Again a row about money. Glad they lost a packet on the Ciudad Real venture.
Or is it because that nice man Mr O'Leary now has a few million shares in the business and as he is looking to retire wants to get the max out of the business dividends.

Understand they are buying a string of new planes:sunglasses:
Old Nov 17th 2011, 6:22 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

According to Ryanair, Reus is Barcelona.

Well I suppose 110 kms is near enough by O Learys standards.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Ryanair do fly to Barcelona (El Prat) from Malaga, their flights have been a godsend for some friends of ours locally whose daughter works in Barcelona. The fares are so cheap she can often get down to see them for the weekend, or they can visit her.

Do they not fly from UK airports to El Prat?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Does anyone know how to access info on which routes Ryanair do fly in Winter? It is a drag to work the answer out via the booking system or, even worse, the call centre.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.