Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ryanair unaccompaned teenager

ryanair unaccompaned teenager

Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:42 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default ryanair unaccompaned teenager

i am trying to book a flight for my son to go back on, he will not be alone as my family are taking him back, But it wont let me book a ticket for him on its own and I cant get through to the booking place. Any one any ideas Please
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

gettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant future
Default Re: ryanair unaccompaned teenager

u can ring them or get family to do a booking on their reservation number, no airline will let u book a minor unnaccompanied on the net.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

I enquired about this with other airlines. They all seem to have the same rule about children of 16 and under travelling unaccompanied. Whether you book on the net or elsewhere, under an adult's name or whatever, the airlines will see the travellers d.o.b. and could refuse travel.

The only way it seems possible is for an adult to bring them and go back on the next flight, or to go yourself and accompany them, both ways. Could be an expensive solution, particularly if it's in the school holidays.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by gallerie9
i am trying to book a flight for my son to go back on, he will not be alone as my family are taking him back, But it wont let me book a ticket for him on its own and I cant get through to the booking place. Any one any ideas Please
someone I spoke to the other day said that they booked a flight and then their 15 year old daughter decided she now wanted to come and the airline said they could not add to the booking that had been made weeks earlier and that someone in the party would have to cancel and rebook with the daughter. Needless to say she ended up staying with her auntie!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:56 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

It says that a 15 year old can travel alone ? but it wont let me book it on the net and i cant get through to ryanair aahhh,
The thing is he wont be alone he will be with my sister and family.
Thank god he is 16 in November LOL
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

julie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant future

It says that a 15 year old can travel alone ? but it wont let me book it on the net and i cant get through to ryanair aahhh,
The only airline we found for my niece to travel alone from the UK was Monarch Airlines. She came for the first time on her own last year, aged 14. All other airlines it was a problem
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

When we have had holidays we have travelled with friends of our kids and never had a problem, but because of all the abductions etc I think they are getting stricter at the customs.
Can`t your sister book it and you give her a cover note allowing her to take him on holiday as part of the family group.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:43 pm
this is me

Originally Posted by jdr
When we have had holidays we have travelled with friends of our kids and never had a problem, but because of all the abductions etc I think they are getting stricter at the customs.
Can`t your sister book it and you give her a cover note allowing her to take him on holiday as part of the family group.
he will allready be here sorted that one its booking him a one way back that is the problem. it says ring up the local desk but no number to do so
Old Jun 1st 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

try going into a travel agent they may have a direct number. It should not be a problem as you are checking him in with adults. Or try booking online as an adult not child and sort it at checkin.