Ryanair Rebels

Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryanair Rebels

Not wishing to start another heated debate on Ryanair but.....
I don't understand, from the news article it says that it was an argument on the plane about case sizes.
How did they get on the plane in the first place with oversized cases and do they now have measuring things actually on the plane?
Maybe I misread story.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:19 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Rebels

What story?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Not wishing to start another heated debate on Ryanair but.....
I don't understand, from the news article it says that it was an argument on the plane about case sizes.
How did they get on the plane in the first place with oversized cases and do they now have measuring things actually on the plane?
Maybe I misread story.
Hi
I think what happened in this situation was ,Ryanair have a strict policy of only one piece of cabin baggage.
So the said bags may have fitted into the measuring bins @ the terminal ,BUT if you have a load up @ duty free after you have checked in the purchases are meant to fit into the original baggage.
Easyjet generally turn a blind eye to this practise ,but everyone know of Ryanair policy about anything to make another euro .
So the cabin crew may have wanted the passenger to pay for extra bags rather than an oversize one
Chris

Last edited by chrismortley; Feb 8th 2011 at 1:25 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Ryanair is making life more and more difficult, or maybe we were just used to have it all cheap and hassle free, time will tell but so far Ryanair is coming out pretty well.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
I think what happened in this situation was ,Ryanair have a strict policy of only one piece of cabin baggage.
So the said bags may have fitted into the measuring bins @ the terminal ,BUT if you have a load up @ duty free after you have checked in the purchases are meant to fit into the original baggage.
Easyjet generally turn a blind eye to this practise ,but everyone know of Ryanair policy about anything to make another euro .
So the cabin crew may have wanted the passenger to pay for extra bags rather than an oversize one
Chris
Whenever I fly with them they have a measuring thingy where you queue to board inside terminal. Once I had a small bumbag type bag and they made me put it inside my case based on this one piece baggage rule.
Therefore I don't understand how the passengers got past this first bag check. It seems wrong that the cabin crew had to resolve this issue on the plane, causing disruption for the other passengers.
Seems like someone wasn't doing their job in the terminal.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Whenever I fly with them they have a measuring thingy where you queue to board inside terminal. Once I had a small bumbag type bag and they made me put it inside my case based on this one piece baggage rule.
Therefore I don't understand how the passengers got past this first bag check. It seems wrong that the cabin crew had to resolve this issue on the plane, causing disruption for the other passengers.
Seems like someone wasn't doing their job in the terminal.
They also have the measuring bins @ the check in ,obviously this is down to airlines briefing to their staff , I fly Easyjet & never have yet seen then make anyone try their bags.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:50 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I am always careful on size and weight of my cabin bag. It irritates me when I see those ........ with oversize bags.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by missile
I am always careful on size and weight of my cabin bag. It irritates me when I see those ........ with oversize bags.
Same Same

You must be like me sitting in the terminal & wondering how all those great big holdalls still make there way onto the airplane
Old Feb 8th 2011, 2:22 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Same Same

You must be like me sitting in the terminal & wondering how all those great big holdalls still make there way onto the airplane
The other thing which irritates me is those who board at the very last minute. Last flight, a dippy blonde comes up the isle to the seat next to me. She has a huge overweight case and expects me to put in the overhead locker for her.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110207/...3fd0ae9_1.html
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:08 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

The other thing which irritates me is those who board at the very last minute. Last flight, a dippy blonde comes up the isle to the seat next to me. She has a huge overweight case and expects me to put in the overhead locker for her.
Yeah, and you can forget all the "women and children first" crap....
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

And did you??
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

The last time we used ryanair and I stress the LAST! the overhead lockers were full adn two people were struggling with their cases. The steward came along and said they would have to go into the hold, he gave them tags to attach and took them to the doorway, but also mentioned that he should charge them for it!!

This could have been the problem on that flight. Too many bags for the space. But what then gives Ryanair the right to charge because they don't have enough locker space for all the passengers? Its tantamount to saying get on by all means but we'll still charge you because there is no locker space provided for luggage.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

What if........ there was a set weight for for person and luggage combined, then i could have ALL my seat instead of sharing it with a larger person and i could put wht i want in my luggage
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:23 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
The last time we used ryanair and I stress the LAST! the overhead lockers were full adn two people were struggling with their cases. The steward came along and said they would have to go into the hold, he gave them tags to attach and took them to the doorway, but also mentioned that he should charge them for it!!

This could have been the problem on that flight. Too many bags for the space. But what then gives Ryanair the right to charge because they don't have enough locker space for all the passengers? Its tantamount to saying get on by all means but we'll still charge you because there is no locker space provided for luggage.
The last flight I was on there was no more room in the lockers and the stewardesses told people to put their bags underneath the seat infront. In some cases that meant that the passenger had his feet on his case. What the passengers sitting by the window would have done in the event of an emergency evacuation, who knows. Probably fallen flat on their faces!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.